West Ottawa High School Campus is an elite, public school located in Holland, MI. It has 2,257 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
West Ottawa High School Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+300 Students
- A+250 Students
- A+178 Students
- B+168 Students
- A-151 Students
- B+150 Students
- B146 Students
- C+125 Students
- A47 Students
- C+45 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like West Ottawa High School Campus
- B+Holland High School
- Holland City School District, MI
- 131 reviews
- ASpring Lake High School
- Spring Lake Public Schools, MI
- 85 reviews
- A-Grand Haven High School
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools, MI
- 287 reviews
- A-Zeeland East High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 201 reviews
West Ottawa High School Campus Reviews
West Ottawa High School is a Silver Medal school that provides many and varying opportunities for students in their pursuit of a successful future. The teachers made my high school experience a great one. I view the teachers as highly effective in providing opportunities for their students to succeed as well as providing the inspiration to get through the day. They truly are a dedicated bunch. Not only is the staff very supportive, but students are supportive of each other as well. In terms of being prepared for higher education, West Ottawa left me very prepared with IB, AP, dual enrollment, and online courses. There is also the opportunity to attend Careerline Tech Center which will prepare students for trade/vocational school.
I thought West Ottawa was definitely one of the better schools in West Michigan. The facilities were amazing. You will never find a basketball court as nice as this one. Although, the outdoor fields for football and soccer could be fixed. There are many clubs at WO, and you can even make your own club if you wanted. I liked being here but also, I feel like the only sports this school cares about is Boy's Basketball and Football. You don't really feel like an equal if you play one of the other sports because they only bring the student section to watch those two teams. Also, a freshman died earlier this semester and it was barely noticed because the school only cared about how the boy's basketball team was doing. It was tragic for the friends and family of this girl because the school didn't seem to care at all. West Ottawa is a great place to challenge yourself academically but if you want to be here for the social aspect, I wouldn't suggest it.
I took various AP and IB courses which helped me learn how to manage my time. It had a great atmosphere as well as many great people. I thoroughly enjoyed being educated there. There were various clubs and activities for every student to enjoy as well as good precautions when it came to the safety of the school and students. However, the only thing I would change in West Ottawa would be incorporating more diverse courses as well as a bit more clubs. They should include boxing or kickboxing in the sports category.