Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
West Ottawa High School Campus is a highly rated, public school located in Holland, MI. It has 2,253 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
West Ottawa High School Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+437 Students
- A389 Students
- A+261 Students
- B+258 Students
- B-223 Students
- B218 Students
- A-200 Students
- C+185 Students
- A77 Students
- A-74 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like West Ottawa High School Campus
- B+Holland High School
- Holland City School District, MI
- 183 reviews
- A-Spring Lake High School
- Spring Lake Public Schools, MI
- 108 reviews
- A-Grand Haven High School
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools, MI
- 325 reviews
- A-Zeeland East High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 223 reviews
West Ottawa High School Campus Reviews
My first two years here were easier academically, I did do a few honors classes but it was easy to balance. The teachers are great! They're kind and helpful. My last 2 years I decided to do the IB programme so that was harder, but I had a lot of support from my teachers and IB classmates. Sports here were fun to do too. But while I had a positive experience, I have heard of seniors moving to other schools because WO teachers have so many students they don't know the student's name. But personally all of my teachers know my name and you'll have at least one teacher who you feel like you can share personal things with.
West Ottawa provides excellent resources and support to its students. The staff is highly educated and in tune with their students. It is a safe environment to learn, build relationships, and character. They have worked to educate and acknowledge mental health and self-care by offering counselors, lessons on the importance and impact of mental health. The many clubs and teams provided fit anyone's interest from art, dance, music, sports to academics. West Ottawa is very involved in the community and offers students opportunities to get connected to colleges and jobs, preparing them for their futures. With the campus size of about 2,250 students, class sizes allow both a wide variety of social interaction and/or specialized learning environments. The staff and students work to include students with disabilities by accommodating to personal needs. West Ottawa takes pride in its diversity and all aspects of its campus, by empowering students to express themselves and their needs.
West Ottawa is a very diverse school, one of its many charms. Many cultures are displayed giving students the ability to forego racial injustices. Athletics are generally strong. In 2017 our boys basketball team made it to the Division 1 state championships while our boys swim and dive team won the state championship in 2019. Other extracurriculars are amazing, we have a cooking club, Gay straight alliance, lego club and so so much more. There are many opportunities to get involved at West Ottawa. The teachers are always very accommodating and understanding, yet challenging and prepare you to be college and life ready. They push you to do your best even when you become frustrated with a new topic at hand. Overall the environment is something that many people would be so lucky to experience.