West Ottawa High School Campus is an elite, public school located in Holland, MI. It has 2,319 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
West Ottawa High School Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+286 Students
- A+232 Students
- A+164 Students
- B+158 Students
- A-147 Students
- B+145 Students
- B135 Students
- C+120 Students
- A45 Students
- B-44 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like West Ottawa High School Campus
- B+Holland High School
- Holland City School District, MI
- 126 reviews
- ASpring Lake High School
- Spring Lake Public Schools, MI
- 84 reviews
- A-Grand Haven High School
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools, MI
- 284 reviews
- A-Zeeland East High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 197 reviews
West Ottawa High School Campus Reviews
West Ottawa High School is a Silver Medal school that provides many and varying opportunities for students in their pursuit of a successful future. The teachers made my high school experience a great one. I view the teachers as highly effective in providing opportunities for their students to succeed as well as providing the inspiration to get through the day. They truly are a dedicated bunch. Not only is the staff very supportive, but students are supportive of each other as well. In terms of being prepared for higher education, West Ottawa left me very prepared with IB, AP, dual enrollment, and online courses. There is also the opportunity to attend Careerline Tech Center which will prepare students for trade/vocational school.
West Ottawa High School undoubtedly offers one of the best high school experiences in Michigan. Its practically limitless academic opportunities as well as its sports programs and club opportunities all serve to create a phenomenal school environment. Teachers and counselors alike are extremely helpful, and as long as a student puts in effort, they will find success at West Ottawa.
I love the environment at West Ottawa. People have started to take action into caring about others and getting to know people. We have a big community here at West Ottawa and seeing it come together is a great thing. One thing I would change is getting active with everything West Ottawa holds. We have many clubs students run and participate in, we also have great athletics. I think it should be a requirement for graduation to join a team or a club. I feel as if this will bring the community together even more.