Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
West Morris Mendham High School is a top rated, public school located in Mendham, NJ. It has 1,222 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
West Morris Mendham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A134 Students
- grade A+118 Students
- grade A+117 Students
- grade A112 Students
- grade A+110 Students
- grade A+107 Students
- grade A+94 Students
- grade A+89 Students
- grade A+84 Students
- grade A+77 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responses
- Basketball games31%
- Football games13%
- Hockey Games13%
- Homecoming Dance/Talent Show13%
- Theatre Productions8%
- Lacrosse and annual tricky tray5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$21,017 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 35 responses
Schools like West Morris Mendham High School
- grade A+West Morris Central High School
- West Morris Regional High School District, NJ
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 278 reviews
- grade A+Mountain Lakes High School
- Mountain Lakes School District, NJ
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 65 reviews
- grade A+Westfield Senior High School
- Westfield Public School District, NJ
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 252 reviews
- grade A+Bernards High School
- Somerset Hills Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 198 reviews
West Morris Mendham High School Reviews
Rating 3.8 out of 5 214 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Our Mendham experience was very lacking. Although there are some committed teachers and solid course offerings, sports, etc; the overall climate at the school is toxic. Lots of cliques and pointless competition among students. Some parents, teachers and admin are aware of this issue, but it's hard to address because it is so entrenched. Despite paying very high NJ property taxes, we are looking at private options for our second child. It's a shame, because you only get one high school experience. To be fair, my understanding is that they have done their best address covid-19 restrictions.
Academically, Mendham High School was amazing. So many teachers were passionate about their job, which they effortlessly relayed to their students. As a result, I had no problem focusing on my academics, for I knew that I always had the support of my teachers. Teachers frequently dedicated their extra time to students in need; the success of their students was the ultimate priority. Unfortunately, the school's social scene was quite challenging. Cliques defined everything. Fortunately, the clubs and athletics offered at Mendham made up for the abundance of cliques. A majority of the student body is involved in some type of activity; it's extremely easy to get involved. The last indicative feature of Mendham High is the administration. The administration frequently passed and changed certain things without the students consent. These drastic changes negatively affected the student body, making them feel like their opinions did not matter.
Mendham is a very competitive and detail-oriented school. Everyone has one goal in mind, getting into the best college. That being said, it is also pretty friendly and there are a lot of opportunities. The teachers are for the most part helpful and very invested in their students. IB and AP classes are kind of pushed onto students, but in the long run they can have a beneficial impact on students experience in college. Guidance Counselors are really hit or miss. I had an amazing one, but some of my friends have had awful and traumatic experiences with theirs.