Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
West Middlesex Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in West Middlesex, PA. It has 423 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
West Middlesex Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B48 Students
- B32 Students
- A+30 Students
- A26 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-22 Students
- C+19 Students
- C+15 Students
- B-14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like West Middlesex Junior/Senior High School
- BSharpsville Area Senior High School
- Sharpsville Area School District, PA
- 77 reviews
- B-Greenville Junior/Senior High School
- Greenville Area School District, PA
- 52 reviews
- B-Mohawk Junior/Senior High School
- Mohawk Area School District, PA
- 81 reviews
- B-Springfield High School
- Springfield Local School District (New Middletown), OH
- 44 reviews
West Middlesex Junior/Senior High School Reviews
The community within the school always supports each other. We come together as a whole to support sports, families, and charity groups. The teachers in the building care and do their best to put us on the right path for what they believe would be best for us. Last year was a big year for sports over half the school bused to watch the girls play at Hershey. We all had red and white on along with face paint , and never stopped cheering them on. As for academics our FBLA students seem to always make it to states and everyone is willing to help out a struggling student.
My experience at West Middlesex High School was generally good. I participated in athletics, music, and honors programs during my time there. The administration could have done more to help seniors find scholarships. My academic track set me up very nicely for college, and I excelled in all of my courses. The facilities are very nice and relatively new. The teachers are personable and generally look out for students well-being. The athletics programs can be rather hit or miss depending on the sport, but I believe we do exceptionally well in all areas considering our small size.
West Middlesex is not a bad school, although there is a lot that could be done better. The school lacks diversity and the food is of low quality. The academics at West Middlesex are ranked highly compared to the surrounding schools. West Middlesex is a typical high school. The school does not get you extremely ready for college but it gets the job done. The school is as safe as a school can be. There is not much to do in West Middlesex. The options for sports are basic and the clubs consist of nothing extravagant. The teachers do their job and some are even entertaining. The school culture is lacking a bit and the facilities could be updated but it is not a bad school.