West Limestone High School is an above average, public school located in Lester, AL. It has 1,077 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-59 Students
- B+58 Students
- A-46 Students
- A43 Students
- A42 Students
- A34 Students
- A+20 Students
- B19 Students
- B-18 Students
- A16 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
West Limestone High School Reviews
I have attended West Limestone High since kindergarten. It is has an excellent community that is very involved with school activities. The classes offered are extremely rigorous and fully prepare each and every student for the next step they choose to take in their future. The teachers and staff care for the students and have a personal connection with each and every one. The resources that are available allow every student to learn to the best of their ability. Throughout my years I have seen growth and change in not only West Limestone, but Limestone County in a whole to reach our full potential as a School System. The opportunities Limestone County offers to its students involving service to our community are unlike any other. My peers have been trained to be respectful and responsible, each and every one learning to be a leader in their own way. My time at West Limestone High has prepared me for my future, not only academically but also for any future endeavors that I pursue.
The school itself is okay, I would like better administrators and teachers though. I would like more availability to express ourselves responsibly. When the work is put in they work with you on taking harder classes even if your already in honors.
My experience in West Limestone was all in all pretty good. I'm not that super popular kid or the weird kid, I'm the middle and most of West's students are. We are loyal be it from southern hospitality or just being at a small school I could tell. I have made some of closest friends through West. We like all schools have our drama and our ups and downs, but typically we stick it out. Our teacher's will help you if you need it, and they seem to enjoy their job more than not. In West Limestone, just like everything else, if you put in the work you will gain the benefits.