Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
West Leyden High School is an above average, public school located in Northlake, IL. It has 1,607 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
West Leyden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+245 Students
- C+213 Students
- A-206 Students
- B197 Students
- B175 Students
- A+165 Students
- A-163 Students
- B152 Students
- B-128 Students
- A+106 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 115 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like West Leyden High School
- AEast Leyden High School
- Leyden Community High School District No. 212, IL
- 359 reviews
- A-Addison Trail High School
- DuPage High School District No. 88, IL
- 353 reviews
- B+Reavis High School
- Public School
- Burbank, IL
- 297 reviews
- A-Argo Community High School
- Public School
- Summit, IL
- 228 reviews
West Leyden High School Reviews
I came to west leyden in my junior year and immediately felt welcomed by staff and students. I say no matter what class you are coming into West Leyden you will meet the people for you and Leyden has many events and programs to help students out in the school. Our sports teams weren’t the most successful but the did have almost any sport you could think of which is good because it gives every student an opportunity to find their place. Also WLHS has so many amazing facilities, olympic sized pool, fitness center, amazing lab opportunities and so much more. Anyone who is willing to work will have all the opportunities to succeed at West Leyden!
The school academically is excellent! The students looking to jump in straight to work are provided with multiple classes to prepare them for jobs that are looking to hire without any college education. As for those who are looking to go to college, they as well have multiple opportunities to prepare them for life on a campus. Although the rest of the school isn't as great as it seems. The school is more nit picky about technology usage and apparel than they are about the efficiency of the school. I've been countlessly picked on by security guards for something so tiny like having a hat on my head as I was exiting the building. They've pulled me sent me to the Dean's on multiple occasions for being late to class by half a minute only to waste my valuable learning time for almost a whole class period. There's a lot of things this school needs to work on which is why the school is only average
I loved the school's staff members from the teachers to janitors to the lunch ladies! Everyone including the students is so welcoming. You can tell the school really cares about the students and the building. If you ever need anything there are always open ears to listen and help. There are so many after school activities that everyone can enjoy. The school offers lots of elective classes that let students get to express and learn about themselves.