Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
West Laurens High School is an above average, public school located in Dexter, GA. It has 1,214 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
West Laurens High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+143 Students
- A+136 Students
- C123 Students
- B+96 Students
- B86 Students
- B84 Students
- B-64 Students
- B62 Students
- A+50 Students
- B49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
West Laurens High School Reviews
I have been attending West Lauren’s High School for 3 months. However, in this short period time I have fallen in love with the school. The teachers are considerably hands on and take the time, initiative to help students. This school has taught me effort and attitude goes a long way. Teachers are able to distinguish between who try’s their best in their class and who does not. On the contrary, I deeply wish there was more diversity at this school. I recall instances where I was the only non-white student in the classroom. This opens a gateway to harassment and bullying. Thankfully, West Lauren’s takes bullying very seriously. West Lauren’s takes tremendous strides to put a halt to bullying. On a positive note, our school is filled with Raider spirit and everyone shows up in large numbers to the football games. Our school is going for the championship. Yay! All in all, West Lauren’s is a wonderful school and I would recommend the school to others.
It is a very good school! I have loved my four years here, but the school has outdated class textbooks. Overall the school is kept very clean! I can’t complain! The teacher to student ratio is also very good because it is easy to get to know your teachers in the smaller class size. West Laurens has an ideal learning atmosphere. Bullying can be an issue here, however. Administration does not handle bullying as they should and it often continues without punishment. The band program is the best in laurels country! The raider brigade is an awesome community of people that you get to know as a member. I have participated in band for 8 years and I have loved every minute.
West Laurens High School is one of the best school in Laurens County. The people there treat you like family.The teachers want to see the students grow up into young successful adults. The teachers also support their students in their sports, by coming to games or helping them with fundraisers. Our school has a Junior Reserve Officer Training Corpse program willing to help our future military thinkers. It has an absolute zero tolerance for bullying, so everyone can feel free to be themselves. This is a school for people to think about their futures and have people to help them get where they want to be. Our sports teams bring us closer together outside of school. And no matter what our sports teams do not believe in failure. We may not win every game, but you don't fail until you give up. Our school also gives back to the community by doing canned food drives. We also do volunteer hours, by interning at nursing homes and raising money for families in need.Our school is a home to all.