Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
West Lauderdale High School is an above average, public school located in Collinsville, MS. It has 627 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
West Lauderdale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus174 Students
- grade B+126 Students
- grade B minus112 Students
- grade A minus98 Students
- grade A57 Students
- grade B+47 Students
- grade B minus38 Students
- grade B32 Students
- grade B30 Students
- grade B+30 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responses
- Football games and pep rallies56%
- History Club field trip11%
- Pep rallies11%
- Spirit Week11%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$8,485 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like West Lauderdale High School
- grade BNortheast Lauderdale High School
- Lauderdale County School District, MS
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 89 reviews
- grade BNewton County High School
- Newton County School District, MS
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 18 reviews
- grade C minusMeridian High School
- Meridian Public School District, MS
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 252 reviews
West Lauderdale High School Reviews
Rating 3.61 out of 5 88 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
West Lauderdale is not the biggest school. However, that is not a reason as to why we do not have many activities. Right now, because of Covid-19, it is understandable why there are not many activities. However, before the virus, there were not near as many activities as other schools have. We have one dance, which is prom. We have homecoming, but no homecoming dance. Another thing with this school is the teachers. Most of the teachers are amazing people, but their teaching is inadequate. Some teachers do not understand that just because they understand their lesson, does not mean that the students automatically understand.
My experience at West Lauderdale was enriching, but it just didn't prepare me for college as much as I would have wanted. I was an AP student and tried really hard and did well in school with a 4.0 GPA and good ACT score. Preparedness for college life, however, wasn't pressed as hard as maybe it should have been. I sincerely hope they attempt to change this small detail as it pertains to the next four years of students lives. Being from a small town in Mississippi with not as much funding as other bigger schools didn't help in this manner either.
The teachers are very nice and genuine. They want their students to succeed no matter what. I loved each and every teacher I had, but I would like to see the administration change. The school counselor is not very nice, does not want to help certain students but will do everything in her power to help other certain students. The only thing I would like to see change is the counselor, as they need one who has EACH students' best interest at heart.