Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
West Jordan High School is a public school located in West Jordan, UT. It has 1,746 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
West Jordan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A469 Students
- C+329 Students
- B-324 Students
- B+321 Students
- B184 Students
- B-178 Students
- C+176 Students
- A+171 Students
- B-147 Students
- B+114 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
West Jordan High School Reviews
The student body is very friendly and inclusive at West Jordan. Every one is always ready to help, especially during charity month. During recent times of tragedy, the students and teachers were able to reach out and help each other when needed. There is also a wide variety of groups and clubs to participate in, even if you're not an athlete (although we do have lots of sports teams too!) so there's always something for everyone! I feel this school does a great job at preparing us for college and for future careers, as well as motivating students the entire time! This school is also very diverse. Our student body is made up of many different races, cultures, religions, and orientations, but everybody still feels accepted and welcomed at WJHS. The students and administration work very hard to show that each and every individual person is a valuable and important part of our community, which explains why West Jordan has a loving, spunky spirit that can't be found at any other school.
The teachers are amazing! They really make you feel valued and important. There are plenty of opportunities for extra curriculars. The Music Program is the absolute best, the Choir director and Orchestra director are tow of the best people in the world. I would go to this school time and time again just for these programs.
High school is a wild ride and you never know what you’re going to get. Here, some teachers are very helpful, kind, fun, and great educators. Others are disorganized, arrogant, and incompetent. As overly peppy as they can get, I like the administration. They are always happy and energetic. The student body is very diverse. It is one of the things that stands out about West Jordan. Although not everyone gets along, most people don’t go out of their way to be rude. From my experience, everyone acts decently towards others and is fairly accepting. There are lots of clubs, sports, and other activities that give you opportunities to really get that high school experience. I love going to a sports game or seeing the school musical. In the end, those are the things we will remember about high school. Even though there are many cracks, chips, stains, and other imperfections at West Jordan, it still stands as a pretty good school. I wouldn’t change a thing.