Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+94 Students
- A91 Students
- A+72 Students
- B+60 Students
- B+51 Students
- B-42 Students
- B-41 Students
- A-39 Students
- B+24 Students
- B+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
West Johnston High School Reviews
Review West Johnston High School
Not a place to study if you plan on taking your education seriously. Very low-quality teachers with the exception of the handful that teachers that teach advanced classes. There are very few resources to help students with disabilities. Additionally, this school is located in the heart of the country and people with very closed-minded, traditional views are not that inclined to provide the necessary attention to the LGBT community. Lastly, bullying runs rampant and is not taken seriously which has led to numerous unpublicized casualties. If you plan on participating in any extracurricular activity--break your piggy bank open, because WJHS sure wont.
Overall I have enjoyed this High School. I had the opportunity to join many clubs and was encouraged to participate in them as much as I could. While there were times that participation in interesting events, such as the zombie run, did not always coincide with my schedule, I did volunteer as often as I could. While my friends and I may not have enjoyed all the staff, I was encouraged to push myself and eventually I duel-enrolled with the local community college my senior year. This opportunity pushed me beyond my limits of comfort, but has made me grow and explore in ways that just last year were beyond my thoughts and comprehension.
Our schools extra curricular activities are off the charts compared to schools in other regions. We have many many many clubs and organizations lead by students and teachers, each with an individual goal. We have clubs that suffice for the religious people, as well as those for the test against abortion. Then there are activities like sports and arts. Our sports program is hard working and successful, but our fine arts thrives. The spring musicals are always astonishing and the band's organizations are over the top wonderful. They work harder than anyone is to imagine and they look great and have tons of fun doing so.