West Jessamine High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-122 Students
- B79 Students
- B+52 Students
- C49 Students
- B-39 Students
- B-39 Students
- B+35 Students
- B-23 Students
- B+21 Students
- B+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like West Jessamine High School
- B-East Jessamine High School
- Jessamine County Public Schools, KY
- 64 reviews
- BMercer County Senior High School
- Mercer County Public Schools, KY
- 60 reviews
- A-Woodford County High School
- Woodford County Public Schools, KY
- 123 reviews
- ALafayette High School
- Fayette County Public Schools, KY
- 216 reviews
West Jessamine High School Reviews
Review West Jessamine High School
My experience at West Jessamine High School has been an excellent! I'm so glad I got to spend my four years of high school at a county school where everyone knows everyone. The teachers at the school are awesome as well. My math teacher I had junior had one of the biggest impacts on me because she made me feel like I could come to her with anything and how she taught me to enjoy math even more than I already did. The clubs and sports team that I participated in during my years of high school was such a good experience as well. Even though our school is small the faculty and students have a huge impact on the lives of the others. I may leave West Jessamine, but West Jessamine will never leave me!
West Jessamine High school has given me a wonderful public school education. Overall, I have been given the chance to take multiple AP classes starting freshman year. The teachers I had actually took the time to form a relationship with me and help me in all ways possible. I consider this the highest level of public education. The only negative characteristic about the school is that the actual building is older. However, who is inside is much more important!
It is easy to attain intimate relationships with teachers, and therefore receiving recommendations or just daily mentorships. The school offers the most amount of AP courses in the district, allowing the students to take advantage of it and receive numerous AP credits. The history department is definitely one of my favorite departments, along with great teachers in the math and the science department as well. Although it is a smaller school, the atmosphere and the great teachers made my experience at this school exceptional, just wish there could have been a more diverse background along with school-wide events.