Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
West Jessamine High School is an above average, public school located in Nicholasville, KY. It has 1,244 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
West Jessamine High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+262 Students
- B-167 Students
- B-106 Students
- C+105 Students
- B99 Students
- B-78 Students
- A-73 Students
- B-54 Students
- B+49 Students
- B+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responses
- Spirit week25%
- Pep Rallies17%
- Spirit Week6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like West Jessamine High School
- C+East Jessamine High School
- Jessamine County Public Schools, KY
- 100 reviews
- B-Mercer County Senior High School
- Mercer County Public Schools, KY
- 77 reviews
- A-Woodford County High School
- Woodford County Public Schools, KY
- 181 reviews
- ALafayette High School
- Fayette County Public Schools, KY
- 311 reviews
West Jessamine High School Reviews
West Jessamine is an outstanding school. The teachers form personal relationships with each in every student and make it a point to check up on you. This not only makes school a better environment for everyone it also helps students enjoy school instead of dreading it. In every class the students not only learn about academics they learn about things that will be used in the real world. For example we have a math class dedicated to learning about taxes, bills, mortgages, and other money life skills that student will need in the future. The one thing that could be worked on is student involvement. Although teachers have a relationship with the students they don’t use it to help make the school better or help make changes in the school. Overall West Jessamine high school is an incredible school.
Over the last few years at West Jessamine High School I've learned a lot, not only in the classroom but skills to take into the future as well. This school makes it challenging yet doable to gain required credits to graduate and offer so many places for students to get invested. The platforms of support show to help tremendously with students making the most out of the opportunities there in order to succeed. My personal involvement with DECA, Student Government, NHS, the school newspaper, AP and Honors classes and peer tutoring have enabled me to be able to help the school community as well out into the local community. I've been blessed to have been introduced to the many platforms in which my school offers to gain advantage for my life. West Jessamine overall has many opportunities and support systems for their students to get planted in and faculty that cares greatly for their students succession, which has benefited me greatly over the last four years at this institution.
My experience at West Jessamine High School will always be unforgettable. Throughout my four years there, I was always surrounded with exceptional and incredibly supportive teachers and classmates and a comfortable and positive school climate. If I was struggling in any core subject areas, I knew I had teachers who would help me and provide the necessary means for me to succeed. My school has also initiated several clubs to suit the interests of all students and improve their academic experiences. Some of these clubs include a Sources of Strength club that provides one-on-one peer mentorship and campaigns to help struggling students, a gender issues club, a gay-straight alliance club, etc... It's been fantastic witnessing the growth of this school to say the least. We have undeniably come a long way.