West Jefferson High School is a public school located in West Jefferson, OH. It has 338 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
West Jefferson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+48 Students
- A-35 Students
- B+24 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-23 Students
- A19 Students
- B-18 Students
- A-15 Students
- B14 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like West Jefferson High School
- CMadison-Plains High School
- Madison-Plains Local School District, OH
- 84 reviews
- B+Fairbanks High School
- Fairbanks Local School District, OH
- 81 reviews
- BJonathan Alder High School
- Jonathan Alder Local School District, OH
- 77 reviews
- B-London High School
- London City School District, OH
- 79 reviews
West Jefferson High School Reviews
My experience was that of an average high school student. It was full of highs and lows! What I liked most were the handful of exceptional teachers I had the privilege to be a part of their classrooms. These wonderful dedicated teachers were tough but fair and provided a classroom environment where you wanted to succeed. The new administration is also a welcome change for the school as learning is now a top priority! I would like to change the lack of diversity in the system. Both in the student population and in the subject matter taught or even the clubs at the school to join. If you are new to the school be patient the student body will come around and let you be a part of the school activities.
West Jefferson is still very outdated. We focus more on the next game then we do on academics. The arts are extremely underappreciated. And we only have two or three clubs. If you're not in a sport then you really aren't well known, even though everybody knows who you are. News spreads like wildfire and drama is the biggest gossip and as soon as one person knows something, everyone else does.
What I liked at West Jefferson High School is that it's a small school so you know everyone and you could get one on one time. Something I would change about West Jefferson High School is more parent involvement with things!