West Iredell High School is a public school located in Statesville, NC. It has 905 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
West Iredell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+81 Students
- A-72 Students
- B66 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+50 Students
- B+47 Students
- B-46 Students
- B-39 Students
- B+32 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
West Iredell High School Reviews
I really enjoy the school that I attend. The teachers are supportive and considerate. The teachers and guidance counselors really care about our grades and helping us build a better future. I love that our school has S.W.A.G (Student Warriors Achieving Greatness). It is a hour long period where students can seek assistance with their school work, attend club meetings, or simply eat lunch! I also like that I have the opportunity to take college courses while still in high school. The only thing I do not like is that they extended the school day, though it's slightly for making up snow day , we still have to make them up. Overall I give this school a 4!
I have attended West Iredell High since my freshman year. Overall it is a nice school, yes there can be problems but nothing that isn't fixable. My teachers have helped me so much when it comes to school work. The teachers are also very nice to talk to if you ever need anything. The school is very clean, and I enjoy attending there. Its is in a nice location in the country, secluded from the bad parts of town. I feel very safe attending West Iredell, knowing the teachers and staff care for us and will protect us if needed. The school is very involved in the community from clubs donating to shelters, to JROTC participating in community service. I have very proud to call this school my own, and will always be a Warrior no matter what.
West Iredell Is overall a good school. The academics have really grown in the past years! They have added an AP academy in which excels in academics and characteristics. West is full of diverse student and diverse teachers. The teaching is good, but the attitudes could be better.