West High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wauwatosa, WI. It has 1,041 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+131 Students
- B+99 Students
- A+83 Students
- A-65 Students
- A-43 Students
- B+33 Students
- A-31 Students
- B25 Students
- A-21 Students
- A-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like West High School
- AEast High School
- Wauwatosa School District, WI
- 158 reviews
- B+Oak Creek High School
- Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District, WI
- 385 reviews
- B+Whitnall High School
- Whitnall School District, WI
- 114 reviews
- B+South High School
- Waukesha School District, WI
- 152 reviews
West High School Reviews
Wauwatosa West High School is a home. Never have I once felt unsafe or unaccepted at this school. The students here and the teachers here are very friendly and are very willing to help anyone in need. Teachers work hard to make sure every student has a chance and are always willing to give students outside time to help them out. Over all, Wauwatosa West High School is an amazing place and I'm proud to call it my school.
Many of the teachers are very uplifting and cheerful and try their hardest to make sure students are receiving the best education possible. I think many of the teaching styles are beneficial and helpful depending on which class. I also think all of the teachers I've had except two in the last three years have been exceptional and are very knowledgeable on the subjects they teach. They are often available after school, before school, and during lunch times to help students. And they never have problems with helping students. Their communication skills are excellent! I've grown to love the staff very much.
There are many clubs and organizations available at the hands of the students. You can do anything from volunteer work outside of school to sing and making arts and crafts. The selection is pretty diverse, however some activities need more funding in order to get what is needed, and some funding is hard to get. The administration is very supportive of the sports, but not supportive of the arts. They don't show up to the art gallery showings, or the choir or band concerts unless they have a family member or child performing in the showcase. Students have mentioned it several times, but administration fails to support the arts. Administration will often make announcements over the intercom about sports and not to miss the big game, but they fail to mention who had a great solo or which piece sounded the best. Us art kids, don't take it personal though. We still love what we do!