West High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-477 Students
- B-193 Students
- B+156 Students
- B-133 Students
- B-125 Students
- A-113 Students
- A+82 Students
- B67 Students
- C+65 Students
- A+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 98 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
West High School Reviews
Review West High School
One of the key things I love about West High School is that it is one of the most culturally and racially diverse Schools in the state of Utah. It is also located near the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, making a variety of activities possible and letting students experience a city life unparalleled by any other high school in Utah. This School also fulfilled my academic needs with it being one of the 4 Utah schools which boasts the International Baccalaureate Program, which got me into UC Irvine and many of my friends into top-tier Ivy League Schools. I would Super-Senior Here if I could!
West High is an incredibly diverse, and culturally aware school that fosters creativity, academic success, and college preparedness through an expansive selection of incredibly qualified teachers and unique, thorough higher level courses and programs, such as the IB diploma, AP courses, etc. West High's celebration of diversity and creativity combine to create an immensely supportive faculty and student body that foster student growth and interaction with the community. The school's position as an inner city school allows for a unique development of wider perspectives, open mindedness, and creativity within the students and staff. As an inner city school, there are many opportunities for unique learning experiences as well as an opportunity for students to develop a sense of independence and further involvement with their surrounding communities. West High is an incredible school that will succeed even more with further support from it's community.
The International Baccalaureate program is amazing. Being in a very rigorous program has helped me prepare for college, as the classes taught as "college level" courses. My study habits are stronger now than they were when I started high school from pushing myself to take advanced classes. Overall I give the school a 3/5 because the basic classes at West are not rigorous at all, and the honors classes are only slightly more intense that the basic classes. One great thing about our school is the diversity. Well over 30 countries are represented through our school which makes West a melting pot, helping it be quite easy to become friends with almost anybody.