Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
West High School is an above average, public school located in Oshkosh, WI. It has 1,686 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-178 Students
- A+155 Students
- B73 Students
- A64 Students
- A-52 Students
- B+43 Students
- A-42 Students
- B35 Students
- B-34 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like West High School
- B+North High School
- Oshkosh Area School District, WI
- 159 reviews
- B+Laconia High School
- Rosendale-Brandon School District, WI
- 71 reviews
- A-Winneconne High School
- Winneconne Community School District, WI
- 45 reviews
- A-Neenah High School
- Neenah Joint School District, WI
- 257 reviews
West High School Reviews
I switched to Oshkosh West in the middle of my freshman year after attending a very small school beforehand, and honestly, it was one of the best choices I've made. Easily my favorite part about West were the teachers: nearly every single teacher that I had when I was in high school was great, especially in the art and history department! If there's one thing I didn't like, it was easily the CPM math program, which is student-based groupwork without much help from the teacher. I have struggled in math my whole life, so their math program didn't work well for me. Everything else about West was pretty great, I miss going there!
I think that overall, Oshkosh West High School is a well-established school with good teachers, sports, and school spirit. But I feel as if it lacks diversity, clubs for everyone, and academic freedom. I feel like West should hire more teachers who are able to connect to teenagers. There is definitely a handful of teachers that are awesome! I think that our administration focuses too much on sports and not on the arts. Which is sad because there are a lot of talented, creative students at West.
One of the main things about West High School that I love is the CAPP Program. This is an amazing opportunity for students to earn college credits for schools within the UW system at a discounted price. This school year I will be taking 4 such classes including Calculus 1 and 2 which will give me an amazing head start going into my freshman year at UWO. Another things that I love at West is the ACT Prep that the school offers. During the first semester finals, Juniors are allowed to take practice ACT tests instead of the traditional finals. Providing this for students allows them to understand what may be in the test when they actually take it in February.