Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
West Hawaii Explorations Academy Public Charter School is an above average, public, charter school located in Kailua-Kona, HI. It has 266 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
West Hawaii Explorations Academy Public Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B29 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-9 Students
- B8 Students
- A-7 Students
- A6 Students
- A-6 Students
- A+6 Students
- C+5 Students
- A5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
West Hawaii Explorations Academy Public Charter School Reviews
I learned so much about driving my own education. I felt like I gained more knowledge about the ways I learned than anything else. My teacher, Deb Chinery, was fantastic. She inspired us to be self taught in Art History outside school hours, and gave us the belief that as students what our minds do is the most important tool. I love my time here, I felt like every one was appreciated and everyone got to learn in their own independent way.
This school really helped me with time management and preparing me for university life. This is a project learning based school, as a college student i have had to write many papers and WHEA helped prepare me for that.
West Hawaii Explorations Academy is a school that allows for students to become self directed and lead personalized projects.