Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
West Hardin High School is a public school located in Saratoga, TX. It has 239 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-38 Students
- B21 Students
- B-20 Students
- A+19 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+16 Students
- A-13 Students
- A11 Students
- A+11 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like West Hardin High School
- CKountze High School
- Kountze Independent School District, TX
- 60 reviews
- B-Hardin High School
- Hardin Independent School District, TX
- 36 reviews
- B-Hull-Daisetta High School
- Hull-Daisetta Independent School District, TX
- 8 reviews
- BHardin-Jefferson High School
- Hardin-Jefferson Independent School District, TX
- 94 reviews
West Hardin High School Reviews
Starting out small and ending big! West Hardin is a very small school in Saratoga, Texas. I have always gone to school here and plan to graduate in the same place. It’s been one great experience starting from kindergarten all the way up to the tenth grade. I’ve had lots of opportunities opened up to me by the West Hardin FFA and the West Hardin High School Golden Pride Marching Band. I would not be where I am today if it wasn’t for this amazing school. We may not be the best at what we do but we’re getting it done and getting better in the process. This school is growing and has great things coming for it. I have big plans for after I graduate and I know I can get them done even in this small school. Being in a tiny school is like being in a BIG family. We have our ups and downs and not everyone likes each other but there’s never a dull moment at West Hardin. Can’t wait for the upcoming opportunities and exciting events we have coming our way!
West Hardin is very organized and professional school. They work really hard to get you prepared to go off to college and care greatly about your education. They will always find time to help you when you have questions, and is always willing to do their best ability to help you understand. I have always felt comfortable asking for help because I knew I could always count on someone being there to help. West Hardin is a very independent school and is always making sure things are working properly and running smoothly, they always put out their absolute best effort at everything.
My experience at West Hardin was not great. I was very involved in all clubs and activities and that was pretty much the only good thing. Our school is behind academically and its a shame. We are offered college courses only to find that we are not truly ready for them. Our safety is very poor and there is almost no diversity being that its a small isolated community that not very excepting at all. The community is all related and the parents are crazy which becomes our safety issue frankly. Our school needs to be redone ever since the hurricane. Our locker room showers spit out actual rust. The track is almost complete concrete because the school wont hire the right company to resurface it and we have no budget to do so. I would love to see everything change. Lets not forget that raccoons and cats live the ceilings. Although one positive, we did have the asbestos tiles recently taken out of one part of the hall we only breathed in a little of it.