Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
West Geauga High School is an above average, public school located in Chesterland, OH. It has 679 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
West Geauga High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+152 Students
- grade B minus108 Students
- grade B102 Students
- grade A minus92 Students
- grade A minus80 Students
- grade A minus79 Students
- grade B60 Students
- grade A+58 Students
- grade B minus53 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 77 responses
- Football games25%
- Senior night14%
- Band Events5%
- Choir concerts5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,009 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 35 responses
Schools like West Geauga High School
- grade A minusCuyahoga Heights High School
- Cuyahoga Heights Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 65 reviews
- grade A minusChardon High School
- Chardon Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 171 reviews
- grade A minusNordonia High School
- Nordonia Hills City School District, OH
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 250 reviews
- grade BSouth High School
- Willoughby-Eastlake City School District, OH
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 201 reviews
West Geauga High School Reviews
Rating 3.64 out of 5 153 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experiences at West Geauga High School are, honestly, nothing extraordinary. My favorite part of every day was simply being able to see my friends. We found joy going to the cafe to grab a snack throughout the day and attending events like homecoming and soccer matches. There is an abundance of clubs to join, but only one or two get the resources they need to accomplish their goals. I think that the teachers and administration can be slightly biased when they teach us something. There are only a handful of teachers I can tell have an impact on their students and do their job well. On the other hand, there are also teachers I see every day that I am surprised have not been fired already. I wish the guidance counselors were available more often, or I wish we had more people to talk to when it comes to mental health and college planning. I'm sure many students like me have a similar experience at their public high school.
West Geauga High School is a good public school. There are numerous ways to be involved in academics and extracurricular activities. The teachers are one of the best traits for our school. Especially with our music program, our teachers are some of the best. They are caring and very interactive in our education. One thing that I wish we could change is how early our school day starts. I feel if we had a later start time it would help students to be more focused during our day.
Like most schools, some teachers are better than others. While the sports aren’t amazing and some teachers are subpar, there’s a great band program and a relatively good science department. Overall, I personally felt welcome in the school despite the lack of diversity and regular high school drama/experiences. A lot of college preparation was done outside of help from administration, but when asked they were very accommodating.