Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
West Fork High School is a public school located in Sheffield, IA. It has 197 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
West Fork High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B27 Students
- A21 Students
- A18 Students
- B+14 Students
- A-5 Students
- B-5 Students
- B5 Students
- B-4 Students
- A-4 Students
- B-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review West Fork High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
West Fork High School Reviews
I was very fortunate with the teachers I had and the opportunities I was given. However, I feel many of my peers were not able to experience this. Perhaps it was because I was so adamant about my goals, but it was still hard to see others not reach their full potential. That being said, there are very wonderful people who will help you when you ask. At the high school, I have no complaints about any of the administrators.
I liked many things, our school is very close and we come together when it comes to sports, everyone goes to the football and basketball games. Many of my teachers are very supportive and I wouldn't be where I am without them. Many of us students try to preserver in our studies along with our athletics. Many students also partake in student council or NHS. The thing we need to work on is getting our art or music program bigger and more known and supported.
The teachers are absolutely fantastic, and all of them are extremely helpful. The staff is friendly and approachable, and if you need help, you'll get it. Problems are in the administration and the way that some classes and other school things are handled.