West Fargo High School is an above average, public school located in West Fargo, ND. It has 1,460 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
West Fargo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+330 Students
- B+245 Students
- B138 Students
- A+105 Students
- A-55 Students
- B55 Students
- B+47 Students
- B44 Students
- B41 Students
- B+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like West Fargo High School
- B+South High School
- Fargo Public Schools, ND
- 234 reviews
- B+Moorhead High School
- Moorhead Public School District, MN
- 187 reviews
- A-Kindred High School
- Kindred Public School District, ND
- 91 reviews
- B+Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton Senior High School
- Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton School District, MN
- 43 reviews
West Fargo High School Reviews
I absolutely love every single one of my teachers here! They are kind and care about helping their students succeed. They push students every day to be better and to grasp concepts more fully. I do not appreciate the coddling of students through various policies and such. The need to write passes for students to leave the classroom for any reason is absurd. It hassles teachers from educating the remaining students simply if a student needs to go to the bathroom. There is also a policy hindrance to responsible students who know exactly what they want for classes. The inability to offer easy scheduling changes or independent studies puts a damper upon the desire of high-achieving students to reach to their full potential.
During my time in west Fargo high school I had it really good moments.When people start high school they’re usually so excited. They can’t wait to experience everything that comes with being in high school, I mean who wouldn’t? Everyone says that high school is the best four years of your life. Now that I’m months away from graduating, I can’t say they were my best years but I can say they were my most educational years, of course I wouldn’t say that they weren’t fun because they were. When I say educational, I mean I’ve learned so much about myself and so much about life. I learned what the words family, love, betrayal, law and life meant. All these events changed me, and I’m glad they happened because I wouldn’t have learned all these lessons.
Overall my experience in this school was average, the teachers are generally nice and have good communication with the students. There a lot of classes you can chose from for your electives. The school also has great sports programs like basketball, football and tennis. The school also has a lot of clubs but students aren't as motivated to join these clubs due to lack of funding. The school does have an issue with drug use and I have heard of students vaping and chewing tobacco in the restrooms. There's also on average a fight between students every other week.