Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
West Fargo High School is an above average, public school located in West Fargo, ND. It has 1,487 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
West Fargo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+450 Students
- grade B+332 Students
- grade B195 Students
- grade A138 Students
- grade A minus81 Students
- grade B68 Students
- grade B+67 Students
- grade B minus64 Students
- grade B minus59 Students
- grade B+48 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 96 responses
- Pep Rallies18%
- Spirit Week11%
- Pep rallies3%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,422 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 52 responses
Schools like West Fargo High School
- grade B+South High School
- Fargo Public Schools, ND
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 238 reviews
- grade B+Moorhead High School
- Moorhead Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 209 reviews
- grade B+Kindred High School
- Kindred Public School District, ND
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 96 reviews
- grade B minusDilworth-Glyndon-Felton Senior High School
- Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton School District, MN
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 48 reviews
West Fargo High School Reviews
Rating 3.67 out of 5 278 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Attending West Fargo Sheyenne High School since grade 9 has been an outstanding experience. The school has provided me and every other student with an amazing education. They create a safe and healthy environment that students benefit from. Each section of the alphabet has a personal counselor which allows for a better connection and willingness to talk about how you're feeling at any given time. Our principle strives to create a healthy and loving environment everyday. He stays connected to not only his staff but the students as well. All of my teachers have guided me to accomplishments academically and personally. Being a part of this school is like being a part of a big family. I Have come to learn my passions, future goals and ultimately, my career path. We have been taught since Freshman year to prepare ourselves. I feel very prepared to start college this coming fall all thanks to the caring and hardworking staff at Sheyenne High School.
Overall, I think West Fargo High School is a great school with so many resources and help when you need it. It's very diverse with tons of clubs and activities for those that are interested. From my experience, everyone is treated equally without racism or bias. They also have very good teachers who are invested in their student's education and overall wellbeing and they do their best to involve parents when needed. I can't comment on the food because I didn't eat school lunch but I think it's edible hahaha. Just kidding, I think it's good. I wish you all the best if you plan to attend the school. Good luck!!!
The school has great teachers who care about your success. There are of course some subjects where it seems the teaching could still use some improvement. The building is a little outdated, but they have done many updates over the years. Most schools mostly ignore the music programs while focusing on sports, but this school offers generous support for the music programs. The band department just got a new set of chimes this year. Overall a great school.