West Fargo High School is an above average, public school located in West Fargo, ND. It has 1,458 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
West Fargo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+411 Students
- B+305 Students
- B-176 Students
- A+127 Students
- A-71 Students
- B62 Students
- B60 Students
- B57 Students
- B-55 Students
- B+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like West Fargo High School
- A-South High School
- Fargo Public Schools, ND
- 237 reviews
- B+Moorhead High School
- Moorhead Public School District, MN
- 197 reviews
- B+Kindred High School
- Kindred Public School District, ND
- 93 reviews
- BDilworth-Glyndon-Felton Senior High School
- Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton School District, MN
- 46 reviews
West Fargo High School Reviews
The West Fargo high school students and the teacher are a phenomenal, respectful and supportive! I had a great experience and opportunity to learn many subjects than another high schools.
The staff and teachers are very helpful. They want us to strive in are academics. They are kind and care about helping their students succeed. They push students every day to be better and to grasp concepts more fully. I do not appreciate the coddling of students through various policies and such. The need to write passes for students to leave the classroom for any reason is absurd. It hassles teachers from educating the remaining students simply if a student needs to go to the bathroom. The teachers are generally nice and have good communication with the students. There a lot of classes you can chose from for your electives. The school also has great sports programs like basketball, football and tennis. The school also has a lot of clubs to offer to students. The school does have an issue with drug use and I have heard of students vaping and chewing tobacco in the restrooms. There's also on average a fight between students every other week.
West Fargo High School has been a pretty good school for the most part. We have a great option for academics and other clubs and organizations. Most of the teachers are great also and are there if you need them, regarding if it is about school work or just personal problems you can always count on them. The only things not so great about the school is some of the kids. Most are disrespectful and just plan old rude. I understand most school have these kids and can’t really do much about it but that has been the main thing that has been disappointing during my 4 years at the school. Overall I believe that West Fargo is average high school.