Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
West Delaware High School is an above average, public school located in Manchester, IA. It has 477 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
West Delaware High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A67 Students
- A58 Students
- B+57 Students
- B-28 Students
- B27 Students
- B20 Students
- B+13 Students
- A12 Students
- B12 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like West Delaware High School
- C+Edgewood-Colesburg High School
- Edgewood-Colesburg Community School District, IA
- 33 reviews
- BMaquoketa Valley Senior High School
- Maquoketa Valley Community School District, IA
- 52 reviews
- BEast Buchanan High School
- East Buchanan Community School District, IA
- 35 reviews
- B-North-Linn Senior High School
- North Linn Community School District, IA
- 27 reviews
West Delaware High School Reviews
Love West Delaware! Amazing teachers, great campus, and a bunch of opportunities for students! Students will find their life-long friends here. Great academics, extracurricular, and it's one big family.
As a recent alum, I had a pleasent experience here. The academic opportunities I was given enabled me to enter college with 29 credits. Plus my teachers were amazing. I could always count on them when I needed extra help. The extra curricular activities provided at West Delaware also made my four years memorable. I was able to participate in anything I wanted including cross country, choir, speech, student council, and so much more. I'm glad that I went to a small school that allowed it's students to be a part of multiple activities because each and every one of those extracurriculars shaped me into the person I am today. The only reason I did not give a fifth star is because I think I could have been better prepared for a college classroom. I'm still adjusting to the concept of listening to lectures for an hour and doing most of the work on my own. I think my teachers in high school did a great job of teaching me, but I wish I had been accustomed to this study style before college.
I liked that West Delaware had block scheduling because this offered the opportunity to take college credit classes for free; however, if you were involved in band and/or choir, this took up a whole block--meaning you could not take a class. This was hard for me, as I was involved in every part of the music program because I am now a music major in college. I am still thankful for the opportunity I had to take 3 college credit classes in the time I attended West Delaware High School. I feel as though the music program also prepared me for music in college because the Philgreens were the best directors I could have asked for.