West De Pere High School
- De Pere, WI
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
West De Pere High School is a highly rated, public school located in De Pere, WI. It has 979 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
West De Pere High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+121 Students
- grade B+72 Students
- grade B63 Students
- grade A61 Students
- grade B minus54 Students
- grade B51 Students
- grade A minus51 Students
- grade B minus47 Students
- grade B42 Students
- grade A minus30 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responses
- Football games and school events like Prom50%
- Homecoming Week17%
- Pep rallies6%
- Spirit Week6%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,454 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Schools like West De Pere High School
- grade AWrightstown High School
- Wrightstown Community School District, WI
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 72 reviews
- grade A minusAshwaubenon High School
- Ashwaubenon School District, WI
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 94 reviews
- grade ANorth High School
- Appleton Area School District, WI
- Rating 3.83 out of 5 227 reviews
- grade A minusDe Pere High School
- Unified School District of De Pere, WI
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 241 reviews
West De Pere High School Reviews
Rating 4.24 out of 5 80 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I came into this school as a sophomore due to a move. The counselors aren’t overly involved and their male counselor isn’t very good for anything that isn’t academic purposes. However, most of the teachers are fun, and you can form great relationships with them. Students are mostly nice although with them all growing up together you have to seek out and talk to the people who will let you in-just in general very cliquey and administration doesn’t do anything about it. If you aren’t an athlete or incredible student they don’t really care, that is unless you aren’t the best student then they do. Some of my classmates are children of staff and it seems they get a little special treatment. Overall the only reason I’m giving a 4/3 is because I love my teachers and I love my friends and the theatre program.
I love West De Pere High School! The staff are amazing and the classes are challenging. They have a large number of clubs to get involved in and take their sports and athletics seriously. I am grateful to be a part of such an amazing school district.
The school is okay, overall. I enjoy the teachers and classes, but unfortunately, not much, if anything, gets done if there are problems with bullying. I would rate this school higher, if not for that, but it's a massive issue. Along with this, it's a fairly bland school. They only offer two languages and the student body is not very diverse. The food is okay, about what you'd expect from a high school. Overall, a pretty normal high school with a few problems, some worse than others.