West De Pere High School is a highly rated, public school located in De Pere, WI. It has 956 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
West De Pere High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+105 Students
- B+66 Students
- B53 Students
- B-49 Students
- A+48 Students
- A-44 Students
- B+43 Students
- B41 Students
- B35 Students
- A-22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like West De Pere High School
- A-Wrightstown High School
- Wrightstown Community School District, WI
- 66 reviews
- AAshwaubenon High School
- Ashwaubenon School District, WI
- 91 reviews
- ANorth High School
- Appleton Area School District, WI
- 225 reviews
- A-De Pere High School
- Unified School District of De Pere, WI
- 230 reviews
West De Pere High School Reviews
I came into this school as a sophomore due to a move. The counselors aren’t overly involved and their male counselor isn’t very good for anything that isn’t academic purposes. However, most of the teachers are fun, and you can form great relationships with them. Students are mostly nice although with them all growing up together you have to seek out and talk to the people who will let you in-just in general very cliquey and administration doesn’t do anything about it. If you aren’t an athlete or incredible student they don’t really care, that is unless you aren’t the best student then they do. Some of my classmates are children of staff and it seems they get a little special treatment. Overall the only reason I’m giving a 4/3 is because I love my teachers and I love my friends and the theatre program.
The school is okay, overall. I enjoy the teachers and classes, but unfortunately, not much, if anything, gets done if there are problems with bullying. I would rate this school higher, if not for that, but it's a massive issue. Along with this, it's a fairly bland school. They only offer two languages and the student body is not very diverse. The food is okay, about what you'd expect from a high school. Overall, a pretty normal high school with a few problems, some worse than others.
West De Pere High School was a great place to be in, I made tons of friends and was very happy with the experience overall. I had moved during the summer in between 8th grade and freshman year. It was a big move and I knew no one, while everyone else had grown up with each other. Luckily, there was a program for new kids there that would meet about once a week, From there I met a couple new friends, and together we became a large group of friends who had each other's back. The friends I have made at this school have changed my life for the better and I wouldn't trade it for anything, which is why I believe West De Pere High School is a very good school, and an excellent community.