West County High School
- PARK HILLS, MO
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade C+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
West County High School is an above average, public school located in PARK HILLS, MO. It has 312 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
West County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C39 Students
- grade B32 Students
- grade B minus21 Students
- grade A minus20 Students
- grade A+15 Students
- grade A14 Students
- grade A minus13 Students
- grade B+11 Students
- grade B11 Students
- grade B+10 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near West County High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Academic Team33%
- Spirit Week33%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,476 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like West County High School
- grade B minusKingston High School
- Kingston K-XIV School District, MO
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 28 reviews
- grade B+Farmington Senior High School
- Farmington R-VII School District, MO
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 142 reviews
- grade BCentral High School
- Central R-III School District, MO
- Rating 4.28 out of 5 36 reviews
- grade C+North County Senior High School
- North St. Francois County R-I School District, MO
- Rating 3.32 out of 5 95 reviews
West County High School Reviews
Rating 3.82 out of 5 39 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have went to West County school district my whole life. I absolutely love how they treat every student with pride and courage. They always push the students to over come what they have set with their goals and try to get them to strive past their goals to accomplish more in life! What i love the most is that no matter who you are, what your last name is, or who you're related to or know that they never treat any student and different from one another. This school district is a big family between staff members, administration, board members, and most of all, the student body! What i dislike about the school district is how the flipped classrooms are. I think the flipped classroom idea isn't a great idea. When I was a sophomore we had a flipped classroom in algebra 1 and I didn't learn much within the whole entire year that I was in that class.
I attended West County throughout my entire school career and I had a great experience each year. The best part about this school is the community and faculty, they really care about the students future.
I like how important education and student needs are at West County. It is a small school which allows more one-on-one time with the teachers. I think it's overall a very good school with the occasional things that need to be fixed. One thing I would like to see changed is adding more electives that students are interested in and having better lunch options more often.