West Columbus High School is a public school located in Cerro Gordo, NC. It has 478 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
West Columbus High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+52 Students
- C+50 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+38 Students
- B37 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+35 Students
- C28 Students
- C+27 Students
- B+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like West Columbus High School
- C+South Columbus High School
- Columbus County Schools, NC
- 54 reviews
- C+Fairmont High School
- Public Schools of Robeson County Schools, NC
- 97 reviews
- C+Lake View High School
- Dillon School District, SC
- 51 reviews
- B-Green Sea Floyds High School
- Horry County Schools, SC
- 54 reviews
West Columbus High School Reviews
West Columbus High School is built upon years of the important history that makes our county the way it is today. My high school has a tremendous support system between my peers, teachers, and other faculty. We each learn something from each other everyday considering the great diversity we have racially, socially, and economically as a school. Even though the school is composed of less than 300 students, this makes for the perfect learning environment where you are a person whose education matters, and not just a number in the system. Along with the ciriculum, West Columbus High has many activities, sports, and clubs for any student to be apart of.
Attending West Columbus High School so far has been an memorable experience, that I will forever cherish and take with me throughout my lifetime. What I like most about West Columbus is the small campus and the student body. It allows teachers to have a close relationship with there students, and understand them on a personal level. In the future I would like to see West Columbus provide more clubs and after schools programs to better prepare students for life after high school.
West High School has a lot of scary reviews from many, but honestly if you haven’t lived it, you wouldn’t know. West High School has so many positive things to the school. The administration is outstanding and would do anything to watch you succeed. If you are a cowboy, you are family. They support you to the fullest and make sure you become successful. Being a cowboy means you are brave, courageous and outgoing.