Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
West Central Senior High School is a public school located in Francesville, IN. It has 262 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+42 Students
- B31 Students
- A25 Students
- C+24 Students
- NG18 Students
- B18 Students
- B17 Students
- B+16 Students
- B14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Sports Spectacular50%
- Pep rallies17%
- Spirit Week17%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like West Central Senior High School
- B-Kankakee Valley High School
- Kankakee Valley School Corporation, IN
- 227 reviews
- C+Rensselaer Central High School
- Rensselaer Central School Corporation, IN
- 47 reviews
- B-Winamac Community High School
- Eastern Pulaski Community School Corporation, IN
- 55 reviews
- C+N. Judson-San Pierre Junior/Senior High School
- North Judson-San Pierre School Corporation, IN
- 22 reviews
West Central Senior High School Reviews
West Central Senior High School is an average school amongst the others. It takes pride in its students succeeding, graduating on time, and participating in activities. What should change at West Central Senior High School is how there are fewer tutors/ after school tutors to help students with their assignments. There should be more hands-on learning for those who learn better with that method compared to visual learning.
The small size of the school would lead one to believe that each student would feel like their personal needs could easily be accommodated to by the staff. However, this is unfortunately not the case most of the time. Most teachers fail to be open to any sort of criticism and are often visually irritated when students, even collectively, say that they do not understand a certain concept in class. Rather than attempting to explain in a different manner, a handful of teachers will more likely be seen telling the students to figure it out themselves. The student/teacher interaction could be worse; a good enough portion of the staff seem as though they do try to care for their students. There is also a problem with the very, very little diversity in the student body which leads many students, including myself, to feel alienated and alone and unfortunately this is an often overlooked problem by the administration. All in all my overall academic experience has been simply bearable.
While there are some good teachers, there are other teachers who are not qualified to do their jobs. There is too much of a focus put on sports instead of the arts department. The current band director is doing a great job though. The school does not pay their faculty well enough to get the good ones to stay. I have watched a good number of faculty leave for better paying jobs.