Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
West Central High School is a public school located in Biggsville, IL. It has 232 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B31 Students
- B26 Students
- A15 Students
- B-14 Students
- A-12 Students
- A+11 Students
- B10 Students
- B9 Students
- B7 Students
- A7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review West Central High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like West Central High School
- B-Burlington Community High School
- Burlington Community School District, IA
- 109 reviews
- B-Monmouth-Roseville High School
- Monmouth-Roseville Community Unit School District No. 238, IL
- 78 reviews
- BUnited High School
- United Community Unit School District No. 304, IL
- 33 reviews
- BWest Burlington High School
- West Burlington Independent School District, IA
- 23 reviews
West Central High School Reviews
Overall, this is an above average school, for what it's working with. Located in the country with a very small student count, funding is tight but the school makes due even with that holding back. The biggest aspect in my opinion is the great teachers and faculty you can find here; there are some real gems of teachers here who can teach and care about the students they teach. Due to how small it is, it is missing out on auxiliary things like specific clubs or sports that could never be supported in an area like this. I would not hesitate recommending to this school for someone that wants their child to grow up in a smaller school system.
The teachers when I were there really and truly cared about their students for the most part, but there was not the funding there to keep people around. There were as many opportunities as they could afford to give, but it wasn't much.
I like the amount of students we had in each class (less than 30). I wish, I West Central High School would offer many more classes to take.