Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
West Brook Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Beaumont, TX. It has 2,284 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
West Brook Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-547 Students
- A-413 Students
- A+406 Students
- A+367 Students
- B+280 Students
- A269 Students
- B-237 Students
- A+224 Students
- B173 Students
- B140 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.44 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.44 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 130 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Schools like West Brook Senior High School
- NGPaul A. Brown Alternative Center
- Beaumont Independent School District, TX
- 1 review
- BNederland High School
- Nederland Independent School District, TX
- 221 reviews
- B-Vidor High School
- Vidor Independent School District, TX
- 114 reviews
- BHamshire-Fannett High School
- Hamshire-Fannett Independent School District, TX
- 176 reviews
West Brook Senior High School Reviews
West Brook Senior High School is a great school to attend. Diversity was what made the high school experience so exiting. It felt like everyone knew each other without really even having to talk. From activities like helping the special-ed sell cookies on "cookie day" to sport events where we all wore our proud red, blue, and white colors. During football season 2018-2019 is where our school finally made it to the finals since 23 years and everyone drove to Dallas to support our friends. Everyone gave support to any event that happened at school. West brook is a family!
I’m a senior at West Brook high school and I love the fact that we are a family. I like that we are a very diverse school and they have many new people you can meet and life long friends. I love the fact that West Brook shows it’s Bruin proud and everybody comes together during the football and basketball season to support like no other. A few things I would change is the food some of it doesn’t taste right which means a lot of people don’t eat at lunch which makes people very hungry and angry for when they go to their next period. Better food would be a great advance for everyone. I also which we did more for black history month like black history programs. We barely do anything for that and I think we should be more recognized. Especially since it’s mostly African American that attends West Brook. Other than that West Brook is definitely a second home and I’m glad I will be able to call my self alumni soon!
What is a school without school spirit? West Brook cared about unity and being there for each other in all ways possible. Studies, sports, clubs, community affairs, etc. While a student I learned life changing lessons from teachers who loved what they do. Staff leads by example, and did whatever was needed to make sure their students stayed engaged in learning!