grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
West Branch High School is a public school located in Beloit, OH. It has 602 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
West Branch High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B85 Students
- grade A+74 Students
- grade B65 Students
- grade B59 Students
- grade B minus57 Students
- grade C+46 Students
- grade A minus33 Students
- grade B minus32 Students
- grade B31 Students
- grade A minus29 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responses
- Veteran's Day Ceremony19%
- Pep Rallies17%
- Warrior Chief Ceremony17%
- Annual Craft Fair8%
- Band shows8%
- Football games6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,515 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like West Branch High School
- grade B minusMinerva High School
- Minerva Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 107 reviews
- grade BColumbiana High School
- Columbiana Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 3.36 out of 5 45 reviews
- grade BJackson-Milton High School
- Jackson-Milton Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 77 reviews
- grade BMarlington High School
- Marlington Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 79 reviews
West Branch High School Reviews
Rating 3.61 out of 5 85 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I would say that overall this school is pretty average. It isn't great, but it isn't horrible either. A lot of things are good about it like education and the staff. When you have a question or need some help, the staff is happy to assist. This school also offers a handful of AP and CCP courses which help students who need classes that are slightly more difficult. The reason I do not give this school five stars is because of the many issues it has. The building itself is not very sound at times. When it rains the roof leaks a lot and sometimes caves in as it did a couple of years ago in the choir room. We also do not have a lot of money so we have to cut a lot of things. For example, we had to get rid of buses and fire all of our bus drivers last year because we simply couldn't afford it anymore.
At West Branch, I have had an amazing experience with great people and great teachers! This school has helped me realize how I want my future to look and has challenged me to do great.
West Branch High school is said to be one of the best in the area, and that can be true in some cases. However, there are some things that are problematic within the inner-workings of the school. They do provide a lot of help with classes and college prep, but they are very unlikely to take action against bullying from students or misconduct from the teachers. They put a huge emphasis on test scores and sports but don't really take the time to step back and make sure that the mental health of the students is in good standing as well. If your child struggles in classes, they will most likely be put into another classroom where they can "catch up" to their peers, which is fine. With how large the classes can be, I don't think it'd be wise for the teacher to sit down with EVERY child that deserves help. They have plenty of extracurricular activities too, but, again, the school cares more about sports then arts. Theater may be the only exception to this.