West Bladen High School is a public school located in Bladenboro, NC. It has 803 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
West Bladen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+86 Students
- A+85 Students
- C+80 Students
- B+77 Students
- B-65 Students
- B+61 Students
- B+59 Students
- B-55 Students
- B53 Students
- B-47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
West Bladen High School Reviews
West Bladen isn't the best, but it isn't the worst. I have made amazing friends throughout my four years of attending. The teachers are awesome! Almost all of them care for their students, and would go above and beyond to help their students get a hold of the subject they are teaching. The heart and soul of West Bladen would be the teachers who are employed there.
I personally like it at west bladen but there are reasons why nobody can love it! The school mainly cares about athletes, being one myself that's good but I'm also apart of clubs and the school doesn't help! Also a band student and the school isn't helpful at all! We get 0 funding and have to do everything on our own! We have a new principal that was our assistant principal and she loves and supports the band! The county board likes going to competitions but doesn't like to help with money because we don't have much in the county for things like us! Also one of the smartest students in my class and the academics are good but could be better and teachers are okay! This school could do better to be honest.
You basically have to take 4 English, 4 math, 3 science and 4 history. There is a couple of ap classes including literature(1 &2)! We use to have about 5 but we lost about 2 or 3 due to not many people taking them! If you want to do that we have a program with the community college because it's less then a mile down the road! The college provides way more cte classes then what the school does! Also there is one religion class called bible history! Many kids don't know what they want to do after high school so they take all the basic classes and The school provides ways to help with that but the students don't care! if you are coming to this school our English department is the best one we have! Also the cte classes are pretty good but a bunch of them teachers don't teach good!