grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
West Babylon Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in West Babylon, NY. It has 1,274 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
West Babylon Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus174 Students
- grade B123 Students
- grade B110 Students
- grade A+109 Students
- grade A minus94 Students
- grade B86 Students
- grade B84 Students
- grade C74 Students
- grade B+72 Students
- grade B+62 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 92 responses
- Blue and Gold25%
- Spirit Week15%
- Senior Prank10%
- Senior Banquet7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$27,574 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 43 responses
Schools like West Babylon Senior High School
- grade AW. Tresper Clarke High School
- East Meadow Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 123 reviews
- grade B+Lindenhurst Senior High School
- Lindenhurst Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 286 reviews
- grade A minusH. Frank Carey High School
- Sewanhaka Central High School District, NY
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 181 reviews
- grade BEast Rockaway Junior/Senior High School
- East Rockaway Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.44 out of 5 85 reviews
West Babylon Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.64 out of 5 300 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The teachers vary to a great degree. Some are amazing (like my BC Calc teacher), some are ok, and some are terrible and you'll have to learn the entire material yourself. There is a pretty good variety of courses to take down to AP classes and electives. The school isn't very hygienic (generally speaking) it's not a clean environment to be around, it could be because of the students themselves. The sports are not very great (except for maybe the track and cross country teams and girls soccer and girls lacrosse team) but not something to be extremely worried about unless you plan on committing to a college for sports. The class sizes can sometimes be pretty small too, which is a good thing for sure. It's not really fair to judge the people because every high school has hits and misses, but they're teenagers so it's fair to say most are inconsiderate and judgemental.
West Babylon Senior High School has been a great place for me to learn and grow. I have had so many great teachers (as well as a few not so great teachers) who have helped me in so many ways, whether it be educational or personal. Administration has been wonderful for the four years I've attended this school and they've always been open to talk to me and other students when an issue occurs. However, being on Long Island, the population is not very diverse. But what is more saddening is that the staff is even less diverse. Also, with covid-19, the high school has not been great at following CDC guidelines. Mask rules are lenient and no punishment is given to those who don't wear them. Overall, I'm pleased with my experience at West Babylon Senior High School.
West Babylon High School is an average school. My experience was overall good, and there's many opportunities to get involved. You get out whatever you put in, so you have to take advantage of opportunities and form relationships. Many teachers are amazing and care a lot about their students, many giving the most guidance in the school. There's many clubs and organizations, and Blue and Gold is always a fun tradition to get involved in. The school itself wasn't the best, like the asbestos and leaks and what not, but this is pretty average for a public school.