West Aurora High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+142 Students
- C+125 Students
- B113 Students
- A96 Students
- A+75 Students
- B+69 Students
- B52 Students
- A-52 Students
- B-46 Students
- A-46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 107 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
West Aurora High School Reviews
Review West Aurora High School
Since my final years of attending West Aurora, their drive to increase the school's image and allow associates to re-confide in the system was intensely amplified. My school had its fair share of scandals but, West Aurora made sure to remind all students that the positives will always outweigh the negatives. Holding countless ceremonies to honor our veterans, those alumni that recently died in the Iraq war as well, creating a Wall of Alumni (including one alum that had been the art teacher for Walt Disney!), and holding several school-wide contests. One contest to design the new school crest had inspired me, to end the stereotypical Native American mascot image, so much that I sought out to win and had. West Aurora has been a wonderful institution for many years and it's commitment to its students and society will continue to be far-reaching.
All teachers at West take the time to know their students and help each individual student with his/her struggles. I have gone to all my teachers for help outside the classroom and have never been turned away. Teachers have helped me during their lunch hours, before school, and after school. Whenever I needed help, it want head to find. The teachers are amazing!
I absolutely loved the atmosphere at West Aurora High School. You could always tell that there was a sense of school pride as well as interaction. However, the school was sometimes split when it came to the participation in academics and other activities. While half the school was very involved in clubs and academics, the other half didn't seem to really care. It was very hard for us students as well as the faculty to deal with sometimes. That being said though, I did enjoy the diversity that it brought to our school. It provided us with different points of views.