West Allegheny Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Imperial, PA. It has 1,083 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
West Allegheny Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A179 Students
- A+134 Students
- B-133 Students
- A-99 Students
- B99 Students
- B-66 Students
- C65 Students
- A+56 Students
- B53 Students
- A+50 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like West Allegheny Senior High School
- BShaler Area High School
- Shaler Area School District, PA
- 235 reviews
- A-Avonworth High School
- Avonworth School District, PA
- 70 reviews
- B+Canon-McMillan Senior High School
- Canon-McMillan School District, PA
- 304 reviews
- BHopewell Senior High School
- Hopewell Area School District, PA
- 137 reviews
West Allegheny Senior High School Reviews
West Allegheny Senior High School has allowed me to prosper and grow academically, athletically, and socially throughout my years of attendance. The teachers here are caring and truly believe that your future matters. They are able to create both a safe and progressive environment in order for students to focus and learn valuable information. All fields of study, whether it be English, the sciences, or computer programming, are taught by inspiring teachers who are passionate about their jobs and want their students to make a difference through the class. The sports and athletic programs at West Allegheny are exceptional and intensive, establishing teams that teach young student athletes about commitment, teamwork, and perseverance. Lastly, this high school is extremely inclusive, and no student will ever feel alone with all of the activities, clubs, and sports offered.
WAHS tries incredibly hard to prepare students for college, but actually ends up pushing students to dislike learning because of the workload that teachers press. "Reverse classroom" should not be a teaching method but a resource period; teachers shouldn't be paid for students to do their job. WAHS has an excellent football team and a truly passionate administrative staff, but the execution in what the administration wants to accomplish is wrong. Bullying is not online anymore! I often encountered sexist student handbook rules at my time at WAHS. The biggest example of sexism being so deeply ingrained at this school is watching male students parade the halls without a shirt at all or in a cut-off shirt, but not being able to wear spaghetti strap tops. My shoulders say absolutely nothing unprofessional about me. It is HOT outside! Why isn't it unprofessional to literally not wear a shirt?
West Allegheny was all about challenging yourself so you could be a better version of yourself the day you graduated. It was not about being smarter than someone else, being more athletic than someone else, but rather shaping you as a person to become the ultimate YOU. If anything were to change, it would have to come down to being able to communicate with teachers more. Teachers are more than just people who try to educate their students, they are your friends and are there to help you not hurt you.