West Allegheny Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Imperial, PA. It has 1,080 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
West Allegheny Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A159 Students
- B-117 Students
- A+116 Students
- B90 Students
- A-88 Students
- C61 Students
- B-58 Students
- A+53 Students
- B52 Students
- A-41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like West Allegheny Senior High School
- BShaler Area High School
- Shaler Area School District, PA
- 228 reviews
- A-Avonworth High School
- Avonworth School District, PA
- 68 reviews
- BCanon-McMillan Senior High School
- Canon-McMillan School District, PA
- 303 reviews
- BHopewell Senior High School
- Hopewell Area School District, PA
- 134 reviews
West Allegheny Senior High School Reviews
WAHS tries incredibly hard to prepare students for college, but actually ends up pushing students to dislike learning because of the workload that teachers press. "Reverse classroom" should not be a teaching method but a resource period; teachers shouldn't be paid for students to do their job. WAHS has an excellent football team and a truly passionate administrative staff, but the execution in what the administration wants to accomplish is wrong. Bullying is not online anymore! I often encountered sexist student handbook rules at my time at WAHS. The biggest example of sexism being so deeply ingrained at this school is watching male students parade the halls without a shirt at all or in a cut-off shirt, but not being able to wear spaghetti strap tops. My shoulders say absolutely nothing unprofessional about me. It is HOT outside! Why isn't it unprofessional to literally not wear a shirt?
During my years at West Allegheny, I made many friends not only with the student, but with the teachers also. Many of the teachers helped and encouraged students to do their best in their studies and also,in life. West Allegheny has influenced me to work harder and better than i have ever have before. The only thing that could be changed at West Allegheny is the food. The same type of food is offered everyday at lunch and does not look appetizing. Other than the food, my high school experience at West Allegheny was very enjoyable!
I’d say that high school has been a bit of a struggle for me and this school isn’t one that has made me very happy throughout the years. I really think the school does well at providing a good source of resources but the teachers and staff I would say could be better. A lot of our office staff is hard to work with and not always the friendliest, as well as the guidance department. The guidance department definitely could use some work I feel like they are more against what you want and would rather push you to do something they’d prefer to make the school look better. I really am glad that my time at this school is dwelling to and end. I haven’t felt informed enough to continue my future the the best of my ability.