Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Wenatchee High School is an above average, public school located in Wenatchee, WA. It has 2,101 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Wenatchee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A363 Students
- A+353 Students
- B-282 Students
- B-279 Students
- C258 Students
- B+225 Students
- A-112 Students
- A-107 Students
- B+78 Students
- A-72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Wenatchee High School Reviews
Wenatchee High School hosts amazing teachers and staff who have always been there to help me when I needed it! Everyone is kind and always willing to help, and I've been able to take classes that I'm interested in enrolling in, like Geology, Zoology, and Marine Biology, among others. College prep is another big thing that this high school is excellent on. The staff working with the SOAR program have been wonderful to work with, and I've learned and decided my next step after graduation because of it. One thing Wenatchee High can do better on is bathroom facilities, as most of the sinks don't work and everything is outdated and 30 years old. Other than that, this school is awesome and I'm grateful I got to attend!
The students at Wenatchee High School have so much school spirit and are all very involved and it’s motivated me to stay continuously involved as well. The teachers are awesome and the staff is overall a great group of people wanting to see young adults succeed. Throughout my high school experience what will stick with me even after I graduate is my dance team. Wenatchee high School has a dance team called the Wenatchee Varsity Apple-Ettes. I have been dancing from my sophomore year to now my senior year and I know that without this team I would definitely not be the person I am today. It's taught me leadership, cooperation, teamwork and overall given me the inner confidence I didn't think I had. The one thing I would change about Wenatchee High is making the school a lot more inclusive. There are many cliques but recent years the student body has been much more inclusive with including everyone! Although I hope to see an even bigger change in the future hopefully!
Any positive aspects of this school are in spite of the challenges the people in charge bring to the overall school culture. They deliberately break the rules set for the student to restroom ratio by locking the bathroom doors. This school has found itself at the center of many controversies that they have handled poorly time and time again, attempting to silence student discussion and never being transparent on any situation.