Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Wellsville High School is a public school located in Wellsville, KS. It has 221 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Wellsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-37 Students
- B33 Students
- A-33 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+27 Students
- B+24 Students
- B23 Students
- B17 Students
- B15 Students
- C+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Wellsville High School
- C+Paola High School
- Paola Unified School District, KS
- 140 reviews
- B+Baldwin High School
- Baldwin City Unified School District, KS
- 120 reviews
- B+Spring Hill High School
- Spring Hill Unified School District, KS
- 154 reviews
- B-Osawatomie High School
- Osawatomie Unified School District, KS
- 18 reviews
Wellsville High School Reviews
Although it’s very small, the administration makes the experience of the students the best they can with their limited resources. Amazing people have come out of Wellsville and the experience is truly what you make of it. Teachers and other admin push for the better of students and try to open as many opportunities as possible for students that are willing to take them.
This school is a very small, close-knit school. It was great growing up in Wellsville's school district. The teachers were wonderful and always encouraging. I wouldn't have wanted to be any where else. Though, being a small school you don't have all the opportunities as a large school, but the relationship of the community of the school was phenomenal. I feel that if I would've gone to a large school, not everyone would know who I am or be willing to help me when I was in need. You definitely won't find another school district like Wellsville. Plus, the food is wonderfully homemade!
I love how engaged all the students are at Wellsville High School. Everyone is involved in a club or organization. We encourage each other and work hard to achieve our goals. I appreciate how we have the ability to take online college classes so we can begin to work towards our career. I believe we should improve the curriculum at Wellsville High School so the students have the ability to experience what they are learning. Students should have the opportunity to get more hands on learning in the classroom and even in the community. I am proud to say I am graduating from Wellsville High School and I encourage everyone to never give up and make goals for your future.