Wellston High School
- WELLSTON, OH
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Wellston High School is a public school located in WELLSTON, OH. It has 358 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Wellston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus130 Students
- grade A74 Students
- grade C71 Students
- grade C minus66 Students
- grade C44 Students
- grade A minus37 Students
- grade B minus35 Students
- grade B minus31 Students
- grade A minus29 Students
- grade B26 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Wellston High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Basketball games and football games. Prom50%
- Band plays Alma Mater after every football game25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,875 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 8 responses
Schools like Wellston High School
- grade C+Oak Hill Middle/High School
- Oak Hill Union Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 42 reviews
- grade CVinton County High School
- Vinton County Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 59 reviews
- grade B minusJackson High School
- Jackson City School District, OH
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 126 reviews
Wellston High School Reviews
Rating 3.28 out of 5 46 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Wellston High School is a great environment to learn in! The teachers and staff are excellent and contribute a lot of time and effort into the school and students. The school has many activities to involve the students from band to sports, and to even battle of the classes! There is a place for every student with a tight-knit community of staff!
When I think of Wellston High School, the word that comes to mind is "family". In the small town of Wellston, the schooling system is one of the bright spots. Students from all backgrounds are mixed together to the point where students don't judge people based on where they come from. Teachers and staff are great at making every student feel important. Whoever walks through those doors is greeted as a "Wellston Golden Rocket." In a world like the one we live in today, I am confident that we will have a bright future due to what I see in the modern day schooling systems.
At Wellston High School, there isn’t a person you don’t know. The community is very tight knit and close. The teachers are supportive, realistic, and encouraging.