Wellston High School is a public school located in Wellston, OH. It has 395 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-110 Students
- A+66 Students
- C63 Students
- C-59 Students
- C+38 Students
- B-32 Students
- A32 Students
- B-28 Students
- B26 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Wellston High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Wellston High School Reviews
What I love about this school is that its small so everyone is a tight knit family. Although its not very family like most of the time, every school has cliques and I honestly do not like them. Cliques are fine until they start growing into big numbers and they become mean. Everyone knows how high school goes so it's not like it isn't normal, However I just don't agree with the way people treat each other, i would love to still go to my school because they're not so judgemental and we all come together but any high school has those few that make you see why some kids don't enjoy their high school.
The teachers are great (for the most part) I however have had a struggle getting help for matters such as bullying. The curriculum could also be harder than what it is many students don't struggle at all and just glide through all classes with little to no effort.
We recently just got a new principle and she is very good at disciplining students that need to be punished. Nobody gets away with bullying at our school and we usually have a cop roaming the halls. If someone missed too much school or is a problem in a class, our principle is also very good at holding students back from extracurricular activities. If you have a problem with someone and have the same class with that person, our principle will move you out of that class and change your schedule, which stops a lot of fights at our school. Our guidance counselor is very helpful with helping the seniors send things out to colleges and pushing us to do our best. Overall, our staff is very helpful and does a great job at what they do!