Wells High School is an above average, public school located in Wells, NV. It has 104 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1.
Wells High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+27 Students
- C24 Students
- A+17 Students
- B16 Students
- A15 Students
- B14 Students
- B14 Students
- B10 Students
- B+10 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Wells High School Reviews
I enjoyed the small class sizes at Wells High School the most. It almost created a sense of one on one learning with the teachers. However, the classes offered in the classroom are limited, which sends many students to online options. In an advancing technological world, this push toward online schooling may be helpful for students in the future, but it is also more difficult to learn and retain information from an online source, such as trying to become fluent in a foreign language through an internet based course. One of the biggest negatives is the constant rotation of teachers. Both online and in person courses experience a high turnover rate with new teachers appearing consistently. Since I've been there, we've gone through more than ten math teachers, multiple elementary teachers, and new administrators nearly every year.
Wells High School is small, close knit, very active in extra-curricular activities, and friendly. It has some wonderful teachers who are strong in the community but it also has a lot of teacher turn over. The education could definitely be improved.
Wells High School is my school. I spend everyday here, and I have really grown to love it, I do truly love this school. There are just some things that needed to change and we modify the way that is needed. The athletics here are absolutely phenomenal, and we love cheering all our teams on! Being a cheerleader at Wells High School gives me an advantage to see how great our school is. We strive for greatness here and we are all one big family. Going to a small school is great in the classrooms and for school activities. We may be little, but we have tons of spirit! GO Wells High!!