Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Wellington High School is a public school located in Wellington, OH. It has 280 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C47 Students
- A+45 Students
- B-43 Students
- B41 Students
- B-36 Students
- A-32 Students
- B30 Students
- B-29 Students
- A-19 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Wellington High School
- C+Mapleton High School
- Mapleton Local School District, OH
- 68 reviews
- B-Western Reserve High School
- Western Reserve Local School District (Collins), OH
- 27 reviews
- B-Cloverleaf High School
- Cloverleaf Local School District, OH
- 102 reviews
- B-Midview High School
- Midview Local School District, OH
- 172 reviews
Wellington High School Reviews
Wellington High School is a small school, which I feel is a great thing. It allows the students to get to know each other better and it allows the teachers to make their work with the students more individualized so the students may have a better education. WHS has some fantastic teachers which have greatly contributed to my experience here, and have for sure made it enjoyable. They care about the students. However, I have given it four instead of five stars because it's high school - I think every high school will have some teachers or policies or even just some students who put a negative spin on the experience.
Just like any other high school experience, would recommend research before high school starts and look into college before hand planning is helpful and talk to your counselor they may be able to point you in the right direction. Teachers are good food not great but hey what school food is.
I loved my experience at Wellington High School. The staff and the kids who attended were great! Wellington High School is located in the small town of Wellington, Ohio. Many people look down on us because we are small, but inside we are a very strong knitted family. All the students and staff are close and friendly. We have never been known for violence which is always a good thing. Our academics have room to improve but because we are so small, we don't have as much money as bigger schools to put toward academic advancements. Overall, Wellington High School is a great school.