Wellesley Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Wellesley, MA. It has 1,512 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Wellesley Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A139 Students
- A+136 Students
- A+125 Students
- A+104 Students
- A+92 Students
- A-84 Students
- A+78 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+71 Students
- A+68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Wellesley Senior High School
- A+Wayland High School
- Wayland Public Schools, MA
- 125 reviews
- A+Weston High School
- Weston Public Schools, MA
- 91 reviews
- A+Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
- Public School
- Sudbury, MA
- 241 reviews
- A+Newton North High School
- Newton Public Schools, MA
- 328 reviews
Wellesley Senior High School Reviews
Upon transferring from private school, I found myself very welcome and quickly at home at Wellesley High. There are many extracurricular and academic offerings, and I feel confident about continuing on to college as an independent student next year!
Wellesley High School excels academically, and offers a broad range of classes and levels for their students. The schools is accepting, and has incredible, caring and intelligent faculty. The school is fairly new, and has great facilities, as well as strong sports teams. Overall great school to attend!
Wellesley High School has great facilities and good academics! Most teachers care about their students and make an effort to do a good job. The school is not diverse. Students also do not make an effort to talk to the few students that come from outside of Wellesley and sadly those kids end up excluded in mini groups. Most of the students are very ignorant about the outside world. Wellesley becomes a little "bubble" for these kids to grow up in. This makes for an exclusive atmosphere to the new kids. Some kids in the school (including me) are trying to change this but it is a process that will most likely take a while. I gave Wellesley a 3 because of the social climate. The academics are definitely very good!