Wellesley Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Wellesley, MA. It has 1,512 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Wellesley Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A158 Students
- A+145 Students
- A+142 Students
- A+115 Students
- A+102 Students
- A-97 Students
- A+80 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+78 Students
- A+72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Wellesley Senior High School
- A+Wayland High School
- Wayland Public Schools, MA
- 133 reviews
- A+Weston High School
- Weston Public Schools, MA
- 94 reviews
- A+Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
- Public School
- Sudbury, MA
- 247 reviews
- A+Newton North High School
- Newton Public Schools, MA
- 342 reviews
Wellesley Senior High School Reviews
It’s a very 2 sided school. You can either strive or struggle. Great teachers and bad teachers. I struggled when I attended the school, poor grades, S/A, and I wasn’t doing well. My parents were not happy with how the school let it continue and didn’t do anything more than give me detentions. Students have the ability to strive, and I will say the school has great electives. By all means if your son or daughter is good academically and is a healthy individual, the school will be great, but my experience with the school has been negative. The wrong people doing the wrong things, but there is the other side if your child is healthy and will make the right decisions, they can strive there. Make sure they don’t associate with the wrong people, but if they attend make sure they get involved with the school and utilize the great electives they provide. The school has great opportunities, but it is easy to fall down a negative path there.
Upon transferring from private school, I found myself very welcome and quickly at home at Wellesley High. There are many extracurricular and academic offerings, and I feel confident about continuing on to college as an independent student next year!
Wellesley High School excels academically, and offers a broad range of classes and levels for their students. The schools is accepting, and has incredible, caring and intelligent faculty. The school is fairly new, and has great facilities, as well as strong sports teams. Overall great school to attend!