Wellborn High School is a public school located in Anniston, AL. It has 585 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 9% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Wellborn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B57 Students
- C+30 Students
- A25 Students
- A23 Students
- A21 Students
- B17 Students
- A-15 Students
- C+13 Students
- A-11 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Wellborn High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Wellborn High School Reviews
I've attended Wellborn since kindergarten. I have learned and grown with a small group of roughly 100 students. Wellborn is a wonderful school that isn't overcrowded, so everyone knows everyone. I love how most teachers want to see their students succeed and will do anything in their hand to make that happen. I love how our school together has a huge heart. When something bad happens we come together as a family and are there for each other. I'd like to see the respect in the coming up students change. I want the school to put more money towards things we really need...such as bathroom stalls, new lockers, and other athletics other than football and cheerleading. I believe out school needs more credit than it gets. Sure, its a small school but we have potential and we can achieve the impossible when given the chance.
I have attended Wellborn School K-12 and it is really like my second home. I have faced some adversity and health issues; the faculty has been amazing while helping me academically, and emotionally. I watched my school grow, update, and become more beautiful every year. Wellborn school offered all subject matter required and desired, and I will miss my alma mater tremendously.
Wellborn High School is a school that is supported by the whole community around it. It's not just the parents and teachers that care. People that just live around Wellborn volunteer time and money to help out the school. The community here just cares that much.