Weiser High School is an above average, public school located in Weiser, ID. It has 484 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Weiser High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-107 Students
- B101 Students
- B-79 Students
- B+47 Students
- B-39 Students
- B-37 Students
- B+31 Students
- A+30 Students
- B30 Students
- A+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Weiser High School Reviews
Weiser High School is a great school that cares for its students. The learning environment, the thoughtfulness of teachers, and the overall experience has been very positive for me throughout my four years there. Although the high school isn't very big, I would like to see more of a push into furthering different higher courses in the schedules. I believe that by providing more college-level courses, students will be able to receive a much deeper and more well-developed education. As we are given over $4,000 to spend on advanced classes through the "Advanced Opportunities" program in Idaho, we should be able to use as much of that "free" money as possible.
My time at Weiser High School was very average. Nothing too crazy or exciting happened. The one thing the school seemed to care about was sports, sports seemed to come over everything teachers favored sports players and they seemed to be able to get out of any trouble that they stumbled upon. Weiser High School is low funded and I do believe they did their best with what they had. Most teachers are amazing a few not as much. Overall I enjoyed my time at Weiser and I have found memories that will stay with me forever.
Weiser High School is a great place to be involved, and enjoy small town living. Everyone knows everyone which can be a positive, but also a negative. Favoritism is something that hinders many students opportunities in athletics or clubs all because of their last name. Overall there isn't too much drama, most teachers care enough to help you learn, and you make many friends and memories. However, the administrative staff is very negative, biased, and can create a somewhat toxic environment at times.