Weedsport Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Weedsport, NY. It has 405 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Weedsport Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-19 Students
- B11 Students
- A-10 Students
- B9 Students
- A9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B8 Students
- A7 Students
- A+7 Students
- B+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Weedsport Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Weedsport Junior/Senior High School
- B-Union Springs Middle/High School
- Union Springs Central School District, NY
- 45 reviews
- B-Jordan-Elbridge High School
- Jordan-Elbridge Central School District, NY
- 54 reviews
- BRed Creek High School
- Red Creek Central School District, NY
- 46 reviews
- BCato-Meridian Senior High School
- Cato-Meridian Central School District, NY
- 34 reviews
Weedsport Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Great small town place to raise kids. Town ethnicity is 100 percent white however, main resources of the school go to the sports team, whereas the music and arts are left far behind. Some AP college courses offered but does not prepare seniors well for college. Administration and parental involvement is monopolized by the same families that have lived there for years. School activities are planned and are strict, generic. Teachers are great and academics are of the top 10 percent. Clubs and activities are limited if your not in sports. Safety there is number one.
I have gone to Weedsport since I was in the second grade. Even as a child, I loved it. The teachers were amazing and it was very easy to make new friends. I have lived in AND out of the village of Weedsport, and I can honestly say I feel the most safe in Weedsport. It's a very friendly and safe environment to be in, as a child and as an adult. It is a school that I would like my children to go to because I know they will get a great education and be surrounded by wonderful people as they do it.
Weedsport High School is an amazing place to be. All of the students are very accepting and the teachers make you feel as if you are one of their own children. There are also many sports and clubs to join, so no one is left behind.