Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Weatherford High School is an above average, public school located in Weatherford, TX. It has 2,307 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Weatherford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-276 Students
- A+273 Students
- A-224 Students
- A+224 Students
- B-213 Students
- B+168 Students
- A153 Students
- B146 Students
- B+145 Students
- A137 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Schools like Weatherford High School
- B-Millsap High School
- Millsap Independent School District, TX
- 34 reviews
- B+Peaster High School
- Peaster Independent School District, TX
- 70 reviews
- A-Brock High School
- Brock Independent School District, TX
- 73 reviews
- B-Mineral Wells High School
- Mineral Wells Independent School District, TX
- 95 reviews
Weatherford High School Reviews
I want to first applaud Weatherford HS for their AP programs and teachers. It was an overall challenging and extremely rewarding experience. Although I learned so much in these classes, I wish that they were an option when I was an underclassman. At Weatherford HS, AP classes are not made available until your junior year. I would’ve loved the challenge as a freshman and sophomore, but instead, I was often bored with the Pre-AP curriculum. While I praise the school for many of their educators, I want to address the problems with the administration and other faculty. The counselors helped as little as humanly possible with assisting students with college-related tasks. They were often unavailable and hard to reach. There were also administrators that were sometimes difficult to work with and made it hard to enjoy our limited time there. I want to acknowledge that Weatherford HS has made great improvements in the last few years, and I’m proud to have been a Weatherford Kangaroo!
Weatherford high school by all means had excellent teachers if you were in AP classes. These teachers were kind, intuitive, understanding, and prompted their students to be their best. These teachers also yielded high AP scores and results. However, the diversity at this school and disciplinary process were extremely flawed and sometimes unjust. Brings nicotine products to school would seem forgivable but God forgive if a young lady were to wear leggings with a t-shirt that wasn't completely fingertip length or a young man to have a hat on for five seconds before walking out the door. The clubs and activities were pretty much abandoned this year, we received death threats every other week or every two weeks, the administration however was very kind, overall pessimistic school culture, athletics were below average, parents were always in the loop, STEM was excellent, music and arts were not sufficiently funded.
Overall, Weatherford High School is a decent school. It allows a broad selection of courses to take including AP and DC courses; through this program, I have been able to become core complete for college. However, there are serious communication issues throughout the chain of authoritiy in the school district, and many times teachers or staff are clueless as to events that will be happening or drills that are going on. Furthermore, when dealing with AP and DC courses, many administrators/counselors are poorly informed on the programs that they are supposed to be educating students in, and many times I have needed questions answered that my administration did not know the answers to. On top of this, there is also a problem with security and how emergencies are handled, as parking lots are not properly monitored during school release as well as numerous fights commencing over the course of the school year.