Weatherford High School is an above average, public school located in Weatherford, TX. It has 2,317 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Weatherford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+243 Students
- A+219 Students
- A-191 Students
- A+185 Students
- B161 Students
- B+149 Students
- B+125 Students
- A123 Students
- B+122 Students
- A120 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 132 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Schools like Weatherford High School
- B-Millsap High School
- Millsap Independent School District, TX
- 31 reviews
- BPeaster High School
- Peaster Independent School District, TX
- 62 reviews
- B+Brock High School
- Brock Independent School District, TX
- 63 reviews
- B-Mineral Wells High School
- Mineral Wells Independent School District, TX
- 93 reviews
Weatherford High School Reviews
Weatherford high school has a mix of different teachers, good and bad. The AP and dual credit teacher are wonderful on treating students like adults and making their classes prepare students for college. However the facilities, administration, and safety procedures are all lacking credibility and backing. Also besides the AP and dual credit classes and teachers, Weatherford Highschool does not prepare their students for college and the real world. I as a senior at Weatherford do not feel prepared to attend college with the exception of the help from my very few selected AP and dual credit teachers.
I moved to Weatherford Highschool my sophomore year due to my mother being blessed with finding a good job. I came from a small school in New Mexico, so the difference was breathtaking. Not solely because of the physical, but also the opportunity and academic difference. I’m proud to say that Weatherford offers their students many opportunities and challenges them to become their best, all you need to do is want to and put in the effort. I was terrified of moving schools, even selfishly got mad at my mom for a while, but It has been the biggest blessing.
Weatherford High School is not an all around terrible place to get an education, but it does have its issues. Weatherford does seem to devote itself to all students education. However, bullying, fighting, and drugs are serious problems that the Weatherford School District are doing nothing about. Our food is absolutely terrible, there is no parent involvement, and while there are “resources” we can use, the library is always closed and the counselors are unwelcoming.