Wayzata High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+450 Students
- A+209 Students
- A99 Students
- A90 Students
- B+78 Students
- A71 Students
- A+67 Students
- A-62 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 96 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Wayzata High School
- A+Eden Prairie Senior High School
- Eden Prairie Public School District, MN
- 515 reviews
- A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- 314 reviews
- A+Minnetonka Senior High School
- Minnetonka Public School District, MN
- 501 reviews
- A+Maple Grove Senior High School
- Osseo Public School District, MN
- 348 reviews
Wayzata High School Reviews
I like Wayzata's wide variety of AP courses, along with their various counselors specializing in mental health and chemical health. Teachers are very good, I wish that there was more involvement and input between the students and the administrators, like the student deans. There are many clubs, but they are not widely advertised because of the poor activities communication and accessibility. Compared to Minnetonka, who has a very organized and accessible system for their clubs and it is easy for clubs to communicate with students, Wayzata doesn't have that. However, students are still very involved.
In my opinion Wayzata High school has been a very insightful experience overall. Being the largest school in the state, Wayzata high started out quite overwhelming. At first the large building, populated student body, and lack of diversity can make it difficult to fit in and find friends. However, Wayzata offers many clubs, athletics, classes, and extra curricular activities for its students. The academics are held to a very high standard as are the students. Class sizes were not overwhelming and I was able to meet with the teacher if I needed help in a class. The school offers many classes which allowed me to explore my likes and dislikes very well. Wayzata is mostly a college readiness school, having several one on one and group counseling to make sure each and every student is on track to graduate and make plans and follow up with the consoler post high school. I felt very safe in this school and the building itself is new and luxurious.
I have had a great experience at Wayzata. I feel more than prepared for college next fall, and believe I received one of the best educations possible. Though the curriculum is challenging, it was enjoyable for me to learn and stretch my mind into places it hadn't gone before. Some things I would like to see change is the emphasis on grades rather than learning. Wayzata is very much about the numbers (test and quiz scores, overall percentages) and that's what stresses kids out. I think if the teachers were more human with the kids and emphasized the importance of learning and developing an understanding of the material, rather than grades, the environment of the school would be healthier.