Wayzata High School is a top rated, public school located in PLYMOUTH, MN. It has 3,267 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Wayzata High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+640 Students
- A+282 Students
- A146 Students
- A127 Students
- A106 Students
- B+106 Students
- A+104 Students
- A83 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 116 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Schools like Wayzata High School
- A+Eden Prairie Senior High School
- Eden Prairie Public School District, MN
- 565 reviews
- A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- 333 reviews
- A+Minnetonka Senior High School
- Minnetonka Public School District, MN
- 545 reviews
- AMaple Grove Senior High School
- Osseo Public School District, MN
- 400 reviews
Wayzata High School Reviews
Wayzata is a challenging academic environment. There are many AP and advanced courses that can help you prepare for success in college. The administration provides a ton of resources to aid students in whatever they plan to pursue after high school. There are so many things to do! With over 150 clubs and activities, any person can find something that suits their needs. Wayzata has a beautiful campus with many impressive facilities, including nine gyms, a large cafeteria, and a field for every kind of sport. The school needs to be large to hold a massive student population. There are over 3500 kids at Wayzata!
I have enjoyed my four years at Wayzata High School. It was quite a journey! I have always been excited to go to school because I always get to experience new events every day. Do you know the saying "every day you learn something new"? It was true at Wayzata because of the amazing teachers we had. I always thought this school provided the best opportunities to its students. There are a variety of activities from Football to Club YES. Once again, I do not regret to spend the last four years of my life at the best school in the state!
I had little knowledge of English coming to high school and my freshmen year was only bearable due to my ESL teacher. I had faced no prejudice or had any trouble due to my language, teachers as well as students were always nice and helpful to me. Counselors had watched closely over ESL students, coming every month to class and answering all the questions and concerns we had. They kept encouraging us to challenge ourselves. Now, being senior, my favorite class is AP Lit, though it takes me a very long time to read the books, the discussions we have in class are really great and the opinions other students share are peculiar - I know that I would never think of such interpretations on my own. I partake in forensics event of science olympiad, and I can say, we never have any shortage in chemicals or any required equipment. Though the school was intimidating at first (it is getting close to 4000 students), I had a really good experience here and I am happy to be a Trojan!