Wayzata High School is an elite, public school located in Plymouth, MN. It has 3,228 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Wayzata High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+496 Students
- A+227 Students
- A111 Students
- A98 Students
- B+86 Students
- A+77 Students
- A76 Students
- A-65 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 96 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Wayzata High School
- A+Eden Prairie Senior High School
- Eden Prairie Public School District, MN
- 532 reviews
- A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- 318 reviews
- A+Minnetonka Senior High School
- Minnetonka Public School District, MN
- 513 reviews
- A+Maple Grove Senior High School
- Osseo Public School District, MN
- 354 reviews
Wayzata High School Reviews
I had little knowledge of English coming to high school and my freshmen year was only bearable due to my ESL teacher. I had faced no prejudice or had any trouble due to my language, teachers as well as students were always nice and helpful to me. Counselors had watched closely over ESL students, coming every month to class and answering all the questions and concerns we had. They kept encouraging us to challenge ourselves. Now, being senior, my favorite class is AP Lit, though it takes me a very long time to read the books, the discussions we have in class are really great and the opinions other students share are peculiar - I know that I would never think of such interpretations on my own. I partake in forensics event of science olympiad, and I can say, we never have any shortage in chemicals or any required equipment. Though the school was intimidating at first (it is getting close to 4000 students), I had a really good experience here and I am happy to be a Trojan!
In a school as big as Wayzata High School, there is a perfect opportunity to grow as a student while being guided by amazing teachers. The competitive environment that exists really motivates students to take advantage of their limitless resources and become the best person they can. With a variety of classes and unique programs that can only be found in this school, such as Compass and HMC, students can really explore different areas of study and find their true passions. The flexibility in choosing classes allow students to truly thrive and grow as a high school student. The opportunities provided by Wayzata really prepare students well for whichever path they choose to take after high school. Along with a wide range of classes, Wayzata is well known for their many accomplished sports teams and clubs that are readily available to anyone. Wayzata truly encourages students to have a taste of everything they show curiosity in.
I like Wayzata's wide variety of AP courses, along with their various counselors specializing in mental health and chemical health. Teachers are very good, I wish that there was more involvement and input between the students and the administrators, like the student deans. There are many clubs, but they are not widely advertised because of the poor activities communication and accessibility. Compared to Minnetonka, who has a very organized and accessible system for their clubs and it is easy for clubs to communicate with students, Wayzata doesn't have that. However, students are still very involved.