Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Wayne Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wayne, NJ. It has 1,250 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Wayne Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A200 Students
- B161 Students
- A-136 Students
- A+114 Students
- A110 Students
- A+102 Students
- B+102 Students
- B+102 Students
- B92 Students
- B-91 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Wayne Valley High School
- AWayne Hills High School
- Wayne Township Public School District, NJ
- 237 reviews
- B+Waldwick High School
- Waldwick School District, NJ
- 48 reviews
- AEmerson Junior/Senior High School
- Emerson Public School District, NJ
- 71 reviews
- BCedar Grove High School
- Cedar Grove Township School District, NJ
- 135 reviews
Wayne Valley High School Reviews
Wayne Valley High School is the place where I met some forever friends, learned qualities I will take with me into the future aspects of my life, and it is where I was changed for the better. I have made connections with teachers, making waking up at 6 am bearable. Coming into high school, I was shy and reserved, unsure of what I wanted to do with my life. Thanks to the school making many different businesses courses available to me, I now know I would like to enter the business world. I never liked public speaking, but after taking marketing for two years, I am pro. I am excited to see what my future holds and I am so thankful Wayne Valley got me to where I currently am. Thank you for everything Wayne Valley!
I have to say: this school is just like every other high school experience. Beautiful location, too. Yet, some areas need renovating for students to interact. However, administration is atrocious and some teachers are not qualified in teaching at all. No senior cafeteria/lunchroom for 12th graders. Food is a delight and much better than other schools. Nurse's office is clean, too. Bathrooms are dirty for both genders, as well as staff bathrooms. Students are always on technology, and extremely few teachers handle discipline. Sports teams are very flexible. Overall a horrible school, but still one of those ideal and normal school one sees everyday on television and such.
Wayne Valley High School was a very different experience for me... meaning that in the best way possible! I found myself socializing with many people and making many new friends. The teachers are always willing to support students and are always available when students need them. The school's safety is of not much concern at all, with there being a police station right next to the campus. With its diverse AP courses, Wayne Valley will have you leaving its doors having an idea of what you want to accomplish in life. I am definitely glad that I was able to spend my four years of high school at such a good school!