Wayne Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Ontario Center, NY. It has 741 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-31 Students
- A-27 Students
- B26 Students
- B25 Students
- B+24 Students
- C24 Students
- A24 Students
- A+22 Students
- A18 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Wayne Senior High School
- A-Ruben A. Cirillo High School
- Gananda Central School District, NY
- 62 reviews
- BWilliamson Senior High School
- Williamson Central School District, NY
- 50 reviews
- B+Palmyra-Macedon Senior High School
- Palmyra-Macedon Central School District, NY
- 70 reviews
- AWebster-Schroeder High School
- Webster Central School District, NY
- 211 reviews
Wayne Senior High School Reviews
I am a graduating senior from Wayne and I really enjoyed the school. Being adopted, I could have ended up anywhere, but I couldn't be happier with the High School I attended. The educational opportunities are amazing, including a variety of college courses(AP, IB, and Gemini) that a student can choose to take. At the same time, there is plenty of help for any student struggling to keep up. The staff are very knowledgeable in their professions and make sure to keep everyone on track. The class sizes are perfect, small enough for personal connections between student and teacher to form, yet large enough to maximize learning in each classroom. The student body is not very diverse, given its location, but there are minimal conflicts amongst classmates. There have been a few fights in my four years here, but they were all dealt with properly. All in all, I enjoyed attending Wayne Senior High School and would highly recommend it to any parent or student.
I am currently a senior at Wayne Centeal High School. For over the past ten years of my education at this district, I felt and still feel very lucky to be a part of this district. The staff and teachers are very friendly. You can clearly tell that each of them care about making us successful students in the future. The school has so much to offer as I have taken part in athletic clubs, school clubs and even many challenging classes our school as. I want to continue to see Wayne grow and reach new possibilities in the future.
Overall, I feel like Wayne Central is a good school with a staff dedicated to taking care of their students intellectual and emotional needs. But my one complaint would be that the schedule change this year has had a negative impact on the stress levels of the students by inadvertently increasing the amount of homework assigned per day.