Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Wayne High School is a public school located in Huber Heights, OH. It has 1,665 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Wayne High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-334 Students
- A+282 Students
- A-211 Students
- A-208 Students
- B-171 Students
- A163 Students
- A-135 Students
- B133 Students
- B86 Students
- B+76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responses
- Art shows3%
- ROTC Drill Competitions3%
- Spirit Week3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Wayne High School
- B-West Carrollton High School
- West Carrollton City School District, OH
- 125 reviews
- CXenia High School
- Xenia Community City School District, OH
- 261 reviews
- C+Fairborn High School
- Fairborn City School District, OH
- 157 reviews
- B-Stebbins High School
- Mad River Local School District, OH
- 166 reviews
Wayne High School Reviews
Although Wayne High School is not the best academically, the school still has great programs all around from a sports, club, and academic standpoint along with being wonderfully diverse creating a very accepting, welcoming, friendly atmosphere for students to learn and thrive no matter what grade or education level they are. The staff members at Wayne really try to ensure each individual student's success while some also tackle other school related jobs such as coaching or even leading various clubs or groups. Wayne offers a lot to its students and overall provides a very distinct, memorable high school experience for everyone who passes through its halls. You not only learn what is in the curriculums but also life skills such as being safe, responsible, kind, etc.
Wayne has always been my home. I have lived in Huber Heights for nearly my entire life and have gone from Kindergarten all the way to High School now. So as a kid I always wanted to graduate from this school. This city and culture raised me. I have never personally had a problem with Wayne itself. In fact, I love Wayne. I couldn't imagine going to any other school. I have heard about a lot of kids being bullied here but personally, I never have. I have always been the kind of person that was able to keep my head down, focus on my grades, and stay out of any trouble. The teachers at Wayne are amazing. Personally, my favorite part of Wayne is the teachers. There is definitely a couple of bad ones here and there but overall I love just about everyone I have had. Each one of them has something to different to offer with new life experiences to learned. Overall, Wayne is a great place to learn and have a good High School experience.
Some teachers do not encourage students to work to their full potential, while some teachers are very active and advocate within the students education. The school atmosphere is also another downside of Wayne High School, although students are the only people in charge of their own actions, but some teachers will not take action when informed of any conflict. A positive perspective of Wayne are the resources and opportunities it provides, such as college credit plus, etc.