Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Waxahachie High School is an above average, public school located in Waxahachie, TX. It has 2,363 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Waxahachie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+240 Students
- A+231 Students
- B+218 Students
- B+186 Students
- A184 Students
- C184 Students
- B+154 Students
- A-131 Students
- A99 Students
- A+98 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 116 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Waxahachie High School
- AWaxahachie Global High School
- Waxahachie Independent School District, TX
- 176 reviews
- BEnnis High School
- Ennis Independent School District, TX
- 211 reviews
- B-Italy High School
- Italy Independent School District, TX
- 30 reviews
- B+Palmer High School
- Palmer Independent School District, TX
- 40 reviews
Waxahachie High School Reviews
At Waxahachie High School you fit right in! The teachers and staff are so involved in the students lives and dedicated to seeing each and every student do the best that they can. The environment at Waxahachie High School is something that can only be described as amazing because of the friendships created and the memories made. There is something for everyone at Waxahachie High School and no one is ever left out!
My experience at Waxahachie High School has always been fantastic. I have been apart of the Waxahachie ISD cheer program for 5 years and it has been the best! What I like about Waxahachie High School are the teachers. They always make sure you are okay and make sure you understand the lesson as a whole before moving onto anything else. What I would like to see change is the school lunch just because sometimes it can be cold and no one wants cold food.
The teachers were very nice and I believe they truly cared about us as students. For me, I am a very antisocial person by nature and found it difficult to make friends. But the teachers always checked on me to ensure my mental stability. The classes were fairly challenging, but there was no time that I felt as if I couldn't go to my teacher for help. The dress code policy was a little strict and caused for a lot of students to attend detention. Speaking of detention, I have only gotten a detention ONE time in my entire time being in school. And this was because I had 3 morning tardies the accumulated from the beginning of the school year. I think that rule is a little out dated and should be fixed because the tardies were not my fault. However, all of my other experiences were positive. There was an amazing social atmosphere and encouraged unity.