Waverly-Shell Rock Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Waverly, IA. It has 632 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A79 Students
- B+78 Students
- A72 Students
- B42 Students
- B41 Students
- B-22 Students
- A21 Students
- A16 Students
- A+15 Students
- B13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Waverly-Shell Rock Senior High School
- A-Denver Senior High School
- Denver Community School District, IA
- 43 reviews
- ACedar Falls High School
- Cedar Falls Community School District, IA
- 278 reviews
- BJanesville Junior/Senior High School
- Janesville Consolidated School District, IA
- 22 reviews
- B-Nashua-Plainfield Jr./Sr. High School
- Nashua-Plainfield Community School District, IA
- 26 reviews
Waverly-Shell Rock Senior High School Reviews
Waverly-Shell Rock Senior High is an amazing school with top-notch teachers. I have received an outstanding education. I have enjoyed all of my classes and have gained knowledge in all academic areas. It's the perfect size with approximately 150 in my graduating class. That's small enough for individualized attention and large enough to have many opportunities to join various clubs and activities. Our athletics and fine arts programs are very good. We are usually state qualifiers in athletics, academic competitions, fine arts. We are lucky to have partnerships with Wartburg College and Hawkeye Community College. Our school is also very friendly and welcoming. We have great school spirit. I am very proud of my education at Waverly-Shell Rock.
This high school offers a plethora of opportunities for students to participate in to begin development of important life skills such as paying taxes or learning how to work on a team. There are numerous extracurriculars offered, so there is an activity or two for everybody. However, the administration sometimes lacks authority, so the school has a "cheating culture" which leads to poor development of college (and life) readiness.
I love the fact that there is a focus on education over anything else in the school. You are a student before you are any sort of sport athlete, or president of some club or organization. With that I'd love to see Waverly be able to grow and keep expanding what they already do best, teach their students to be responsible adults.