Waverly Senior High School is a public school located in Lansing, MI. It has 1,018 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Waverly Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A186 Students
- B-111 Students
- B97 Students
- B+87 Students
- B+74 Students
- A+62 Students
- B57 Students
- B-39 Students
- B+36 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Waverly Senior High School Reviews
Waverly High School really shaped me to be the person I am today. I always felt welcomed here no matter my sexuality, religion, race, ethnicity, or likes/dislikes. The teachers have always been very supportive and the learning environment is great. The only thing I would change might be the tolerance some of the administration has for some bullies.
I absolutely love the counseling office. They have been very helpful during my years at Wavo! I also have enjoyed the Peer to Peer class that I participated in during my Junior year.
I liked the diversity and cool learning environment. The school had many resources to help students with school work, counseling, and various after-school programs. I hope they improve preparation for test taking. At times, it felt like test were suddenly upon us with material only just being introduced to the students.