Waverly Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Lansing, MI. It has 1,021 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Waverly Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+166 Students
- C+110 Students
- B+88 Students
- B+80 Students
- B+64 Students
- A+54 Students
- B53 Students
- B-37 Students
- B+34 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Waverly Senior High School Reviews
I liked the diversity and cool learning environment. The school had many resources to help students with school work, counseling, and various after-school programs. I hope they improve preparation for test taking. At times, it felt like test were suddenly upon us with material only just being introduced to the students.
My experience as a student has been wonderful. If I had the chance to go to a different school I wouldn't take it. I have met so many people, especially friends that may last for a lifetime. Also I have been apart of many clubs, and organizations that are unique here at Waverly. I really like the diverse atmosphere. I get to meet all kinds of people. The only thing I would like to see change is the way the board of education treats our teachers.
I only take 3 classes at Waverly because of dual enrollment. I like how diverse we are. I dislike how much money we spend on the non important things. For example, changing how the lunch room looks when it’s perfectly fine. That money could be used towards student scholarships.