Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Waverly High School is a public school located in Waverly, OH. It has 496 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Waverly High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-76 Students
- C76 Students
- A+70 Students
- C42 Students
- A-37 Students
- B-24 Students
- A-21 Students
- B-20 Students
- C-20 Students
- B-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Football on Friday nights31%
- Getting out of school23%
- Playing my sports23%
- Hanging with friends15%
- Pep ralleys8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Waverly High School
- C-Eastern High School
- Eastern Local School District (Beaver), OH
- 37 reviews
- CHuntington High School
- Huntington Local School District, OH
- 36 reviews
- C+Piketon Junior/Senior High School
- Scioto Valley Local School District, OH
- 78 reviews
- C+Southeastern High School
- Southeastern Local School District (Chillicothe), OH
- 77 reviews
Waverly High School Reviews
Waverly High School is an amazing school. It is located in the heart of Waverly Ohio. If you go to Waverly High, then you know everyone. Which is what I like best. There never is a stranger or someone you've never talked to. The academics and activities are very good at Waverly. With many different AP courses and college credit courses this school has a very diverse way of getting students to learn.
There’s a nice community aspect of this school. It’s a small town, we all grew up together. However, it’s very difficult to fit in if you or your parents aren’t from around here. They’re big on playing politics at this school and it’s unfortunate.
The coaches and sports are great. You meet great people and form bonds with coaches and teammates. The educational experience is to be desired, teachers don't prioritize student education and success. They don't really prepare you for college. They offer AP classes that the teachers don't take seriously and don't prepare you for the exams. The guidance department doesn't inform you on important deadlines or events.